Not open for further replies.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The biggest thing about voters is that they just dont understand that they can choose to vote for WHOEVER they want. They DO NOT have to vote for one of the two main puppets always advertised and campaigning. I think if you have to campaign for it you are doing it for the wrong reasons. For Christs sake take a look around your community and if you see some one who you think would do a good job, Write their name in. Or at the very least do some damn research of your own on ALL of the candidates who are running. This last time Gary Johnson vowed to get rid of the IRS, De-fund the NSA, and a bunch of other things that would have preemptively solved the problems we are having now and yet he got very little publicity because the "main stream" media is all bought out by the special interest groups that are funding the two main party candidates. It is going to take all of America ceasing their TV program watching, football watching, and mainstream media watching, to get them to make informed decisions. I turned off cable TV to my home almost four years ago and I am now more up to date on ACTUAL current events than I have ever been in my life and I still feel like i don't know enough of our recent history to get a full view and be able to predict WHEN that catastrophe that is coming down the pipe is going to occur. All I can do is stay informed and try to prepare. The only other thing I can do is try to inform others around me about what is going on by feeding them tidbits of info before their eyes glaze over with that "I wish I was watching football" look.

Im sorry this turned into a bit of a rant its just that when you've seen what I have seen you would be pretty passionate too.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is curious, when I first joined T-net years ago politics were forbidden. Has that changed? Or is it just right wing politics that are allowed on the site?

I miss the old days when people kept their politics to themselves, like they did their religion. Besides, there are plenty of political sites online where people can post opinion and propaganda all they like.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into it the other day on Facebook with the GPAA page. They were posting the most bizarre stuff about the UN they could make up. When I asked if the GPAA was now a right wing political organization, I was met with insults and anger. I won't be renewing my membership next year, because I don't fund political agendas other than my own.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it sucks to be a liberal, huh. No answers to what you are confronted with, only recourse is to talk trash about "right wingers "

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
If you fight for the right to use public land like dredging and such you are fighting against a liberal entity. You gotta know which side yer bread is buttered on.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Is curious, when I first joined T-net years ago politics were forbidden. Has that changed? Or is it just right wing politics that are allowed on the site?

I miss the old days when people kept their politics to themselves, like they did their religion. Besides, there are plenty of political sites online where people can post opinion and propaganda all they like.

This is how America got into all this mess by not talking about it and voteing them incumbants back into office! now we have to change that come election time! then there would be a place for those "Americans" that dont want to get involved with the outcome of our Nation! and maybe there ought tobe a Political Forum to post these kinds of posts,but that is up to the site owner to decide if he wants one on his site!

Last edited:

rtenpin

Sep 18, 2011
I got into it the other day on Facebook with the GPAA page. They were posting the most bizarre stuff about the UN they could make up. When I asked if the GPAA was now a right wing political organization, I was met with insults and anger. I won't be renewing my membership next year, because I don't fund political agendas other than my own.

I did not renew my membership for that very reason.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only politics in in relation to 2nd amendment and only on 2nd forum....

Thread is locked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread