GP 3000 acting up any ideas?

Atlas

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

My GP 3000 has been acting up a bit. What happens is the threshold will fade and the machine go quiet while detecting. Mostly at first it was happening when I would set the machine down to dig a target. I'm right handed and what would happen is when setting the machine down to dig a target I would grab the shaft below the grip and set the machine out of the way while removing my right hand from the grip and arm cuff. I would notice the fade in threshold when gripping the shaft and coil wires. More recently it has done this when just scanning and not gripping the shaft/coil wires. Mostly it fades and then the threshold comes back to normal levels. One time it did not and I turned the machine off/on and it worked normally.

I'm running NF coils and a DTAC signal booster. I thought it might be the coil wires so I swapped coils and it happened again. So I swapped battery cables (AZO aftermarket) and it still did it. Only thing I haven't isolated is the signal booster. Oh yes this has happened with multiple batteries also (I have 3).

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this threshold fade. I can still hear it but very faint in the background.

Performance wise the machine is still hitting sub gram down to 0.1gm targets with no problem when it is operating normally.

Thanks for the help in advance

Upvote 0

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try eliminating that booster amp to see if thats going bad.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What bug says. Eliminate the amp and see if the problem persists. Also try a new set of headphones as there may be a problem in the cord. If you still have the problem you may have to send it to a minelab repair facility and have the box checked out. Be sure to detail the problem if you do send it for repair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread