Gpaa worth it?

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome. Unfortunately the gpaa doesn't have any properties in wv. There are some in here from wv that you may try to get in touch with. The gpaa is worth the money as they are pretty much natiion wide. They do have properties out east. Here are three contacts in wv for you. They are gpaa chapter presidents. Larry Board, Craigsville WV 304-742-5097 Jim DeWeese, New Haven WV, 304-882-2578 Joe Smoot, Nitro WV, 304-972-1976. Contact them, they will be much more help than I will. I'm sure their groups have places to go. Join them.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work, B H. It was very nice of you to copy the info from your claims book for the man. You are a cut above! Tnx. Terry

OP
OP
R

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks. I think I am still going to join as I md too so I might get some use out of the group. If nothing else being able to talk to like-minded people would be great.
Thanks again

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I thought ya'll would say if the GPAA was worth spending the cash to join. Or are they the ones reaping the gold from membership fees?

Are these claims all worked out ahead of time or old ones sold because they no longer produce?

Understand I'm not critiquing, just have always been skeptical.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry. I believe in helping and teaching when and where I can. You and your brother are also in a class all your own with your selfless teaching and sharing.

@ Bravowiskey. I believe my post above does say the gpaa is worth the money. They have claims nation wide and many are very good. Most of the gpaa claims in my area produce quite well.

jayfriesen

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2013
Do you know of any gpaa claims in western montana. Want to join but have similar concerns with not having any in my area. Any info is greatly appreciated. Jay.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HARRISON, MT www.headwatersgpaa.com HEADWATERS CHAPTER EARL WORTMAN [email protected] 406-763-4480 Meets 2nd Wednesday monthly at 7pm at Mackenzie River Pizza Company, 409 W Main Street, Belgrade Mt.

BILLINGS, MT www.yellowstoneprospectors.homestead.com SOUTH CENTRAL MONTANA PROSPECTORS MELVIN WAYMIRE [email protected] 406-860-1624 Meets 2nd Thursday at 6:30pm, at the Golden Corral 24th Street Billings, MT LINCOLN, MT

BLACKKFOOT RIVER CHAPTER BOB ROSTECK 406-453-9050 MEETS 3RD SATURDAY 4PM APRIL-MAY 5PM JUNE-SEPT. PLEASE CALL FOR LOCATION

...results of a quick google search. If one of these is close enough, drop them a note :)

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thanks, BH I've been interested for a long time and your info sure helps.

Had an Uncle out in Yosemite area who found plenty. One method he used was a wood box about 12" square with a piece of plexiglass across one end and the other open. He would set the plexiglass end in the water of a creek (it broke up the sheen and ripples ) and then probe the cracks and crevices between the rocks. First time I saw raw gold he had in an olive jar (2/3) full my jaw dropped. At the time gold was just 35.00 an ounce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread