GPR System at Auction at U of A Surplus Sales

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just at the University of Arizona surplus sales store. There is a Geophysical Survey Systems SIR-10AT GPR up for auction sale. The bids close shortly. There are two pallets of equipment. It looks like the cables and two antennas is on pallet lot#143. The equipment is on pallet lot#152. I don't know anything about this system but it appears there is a lot of equipment. Photos can be viewed at the UofA surplus store on-line.

plum702

Sep 19, 2022
Las vegas
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Gssi3000
Radio detection
I hope you bought it the antennas have value [rt Clark sells second hand]the control box is outdated but can be connected to any sir 3000 or 4000

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you bought it the antennas have value [rt Clark sells second hand]the control box is outdated but can be connected to any sir 3000 or 4000
I second the comment above. The controller is practically worthless, but the antennas and possibly the cables may have some value.

OP
OP
E

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments. That sale closed in January so the system is long gone. I did not bid on any of it since it was equipment I was unfamiliar with and I have too many projects in the queue. I'll look for surplus GPR gear in the future and try to post it here before the sale closes. Regarding the antennas...most any antenna can be copied, duplicated or designed if the operating frequency and bandwidth requirements are known. The hard part would be some sort of rugged housing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread