Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Baspinall

OP
OP
DanFL1962

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
I wouldn't use a phone for GPS mapping, it would be much easier for you to use a Garmin eTrex. It more effective than a cell phone app. I use one almost everytime when i go out. I track the areas in which i have hunted and hit the areas in which I haven't.

Amazon.com: Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator: GPS & Navigation

Yes, that was my initial plan. And I agree is a better way to go. But when I look at all the stuff I already carry, (Flip Video Recorder, Digital Camera, iPhone, Pro Pointer, Flashlight, Detectors, Etc.) I feel like my life is all about buying and charging batteries. Since all I really want to do is log a hot spot for future reference, I was hoping a simple phone app would suffice.

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your iphone has the camera, video, flashlight and pictures and video can be directly uploaded straight to Tnet. Why carry all the extra?

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wvplug makes a good point. The problem with iPhones, or at least mine, is that Mapquest, Navigation, GPS, etc., seems to drain battery fast? Good luck...
Peace

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never turn on my tracking system. That's just me. Big brother doesn't need to know where I am.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello MuckyBottles. How do you like your Samsung Galaxy? I hear video, pics and overall graphics are great. Thanks.
Peace

OP
OP
DanFL1962

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Your iphone has the camera, video, flashlight and pictures and video can be directly uploaded straight to Tnet. Why carry all the extra?

I have an iPhone 1....the camera is crap, (in my opinion)....part of it I am sure is because the case is so beat and scratched over the lens area....and I do LOVE my Flip Video. No bigger than a phone, great HD, tripod mountable, and great USB plug and play into any computer, (no Apple software required)....

When my iPhone finally craps out....maybe I will be able to get a new phone that does it all.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread