GPURS: What gives with the fireball over the midwest?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was just a meteor that entered the atmosphere and lit up the sky. Happens all the time, you just don't see it. If you want to think it's a sign of the end times, that's fine, because no man knows that time. Many natural events may happen in one day and that could be the end of your time. You're wrong in trying to correlate natural events with prophecy or the bible. If that were the case, the world would have ended long ago in 1833 when there was a meteor shower that lit up the entire southern plains, and woke up folks in the night who came outside to watch it and thought the world was ending. Look it up. No man knows the time. Live like it might be tomorrow or 15 minutes from now. I saw a post on Tnet threatening another member, saying we got your number. Well you can have my number. It's in the book. Re-read Revelation.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
godisnum1 said:
Ray S ECenFL said:
I have yet to see any mention of this event on the local new. Very odd.

This is one strange event. Has anyone see any thing that mentioned just what happened? Lots of speculation but are there any concrete facts associated with this event?

Ray S ECenFL

Not that I've heard... like everything else, it seems to be old news already.
Always being pushed out of the way by a celebrity or sports team.

Bran <><

I did hear a bit of news on the radio today about it being meteor.

Ray S

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
godisnum1 said:
Ray S ECenFL said:

This is one strange event. Has anyone see any thing that mentioned just what happened? Lots of speculation but are there any concrete facts associated with this event?

Ray S ECenFL

Not that I've heard... like everything else, it seems to be old news already.
Always being pushed out of the way by a celebrity or sports team.

Bran <><

I did hear a bit of news on the radio today about it being meteor.

Ray S

Cool! I don't listen to the radio much in my truck anymore... ever since I installed that hard drive in my glove box. :laughing7:

Bran <><

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
It was just a meteor that entered the atmosphere and lit up the sky. Happens all the time, you just don't see it. If you want to think it's a sign of the end times, that's fine, because no man knows that time. Many natural events may happen in one day and that could be the end of your time. You're wrong in trying to correlate natural events with prophecy or the bible. If that were the case, the world would have ended long ago in 1833 when there was a meteor shower that lit up the entire southern plains, and woke up folks in the night who came outside to watch it and thought the world was ending. Look it up. No man knows the time. Live like it might be tomorrow or 15 minutes from now. I saw a post on Tnet threatening another member, saying we got your number. Well you can have my number. It's in the book. Re-read Revelation.

Lost a good buddy Saturday, and no one in the very bright family thinks it is related to the meteor. Looking for meaning in life, we tend to look in the wrong places.

Be wise and look for meaning in life by being with your family and friends and actually living life, instead of living in fear of losing it, for lose it we all will at some time.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Not sure what your point is Bum? Nobody in this thread mentioned anybody's imminent death being related to the meteor :dontknow:.. It seemed that most of the discussion revolved around the number of large seismic and volcanic events lately, combined with other interesting natural phenomena (some of it caught on tape)... Pretty interesting stuff..

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:

I was just speaking of all the quake activity recently............there will be earth quakes in divers places..........it looks to me to have some co relation in a way. It also says in there that the generation that sees Isreal become a nation will see the comming of man.....Well that happened in the 1940's...................there are alot more things that still has to come too.......Like the economic fall of our current currency to introduce a new dollar that would be one world currency ....Hey what about all the talks about neuclear arms downsizing? I bet as soon as that is all put away in the near future, then some one will start talking of peace in world.............

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Ray S ECenFL said:

Ray S ECenFL

The video clearly shows a meteor in flight which explodes once with the larger pieces continuing to "meteor" so to speak. Most visible meteors are quite small so it's unlikely to find pieces.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It kinda twisted off from a question about a simple common phenomenom into signs about the end times there for a moment. I'd be out looking for meteor fragments, which some folks have been, and I heard that maybe they found some. You can sit on a donkey in a high sanctified place preaching how repetive natural phenomonae indicate the end times, or you could get off your a** and make a difference in the here and now. More info about the meteorite.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
In all honesty, I had noticed a lot of T-Net members that hadn't been on here in awhile.

Now they are all back, I think it was the mothership.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
my cuz called me around 11;30pm that nite, from toledo ranting, about brite lite
and aliens, i just figured he was smashed on a burbon binge again
the machine got the call,i never returned his call, since i hadnt heard it till today
i guess ill call him and let him know hes not seeing things lol :laughing9:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks blacksheep. Back in perspective now.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
It kinda twisted off from a question about a simple common phenomenom into signs about the end times there for a moment. I'd be out looking for meteor fragments, which some folks have been, and I heard that maybe they found some. You can sit on a donkey in a high sanctified place preaching how repetive natural phenomonae indicate the end times, or you could get off your a** and make a difference in the here and now. More info about the meteorite.

One, it's spelled **phenomenon** and **phenomena**... heck, it's even spelled **repetitive**

You can get on and try to start a pissing match just because you don't believe anything is wrong.
And you can also make condescending remarks about my faith, or about the fact that it's VERY plausible that this all correlates to what the Bible says... which I know you've told me to go back and re-read Revelation, but I'm pretty sure I've read it MANY more times than you have... and I'm VERY familiar with what the text says in there and other prophetical passages. Not just the English text, but the Greek text for which it was written.

So before you come on and try to throw piss & vinegar on the current events that ARE taking place, you may want to take a step back and realize that this kind of activity from within the earth has never taken place before and IS at least worth taking the time to consider the fragility of the earth and the condition of the people living within it... especially if it happens right here in the US.
I understand some people like to close their eyes and say "It's not happening, It's not happening" when stuff like this takes place... but it is, and it isn't letting up.

Now I haven't gone right out and said that THIS is, in fact, "The End Times" or "all hell is about to break loose"... or even that "Jesus is coming back on such & such a date." So freakin' cool your finger pointing and judgmental talk, as you've never met me in person or know the life that I lead... nor do you know the difference I make in any of the lives around me. To assume so makes you a little arrogant.

I simply stated that it was interesting that this meteorite happened to come down on a day which the world was already so full of natural disasters/events. Still not sure why you get so bent out of shape if I make any mention of the similarities about the things that are taking place here or on any other thread. :icon_scratch:

Bran <><

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damm, looks like I took a wrong turn into the religion or politics forum again :tongue3:

I wish the mods would quit moving these threads. :laughing9:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, let's address one of these WP members. Thank you there godisnum1 for correcting the spelling. That's why I hired you. I can start a p*ssing match if you want one. I didn't say I believed anything was wrong; but it is the natural progression of things. And I seriously doubt that you have read the Holy Bible MANY times more than I have (I followed your lead on the caps) as I am about 3 times your age. I don't care about the Greek version, cause Jesus doesn't speak Greek when we talk. When it gets down to it, you really don't know what Jesus spoke in those days, but he will speak directly to you when the need arises. He will speak in a language you understand. If you're from Greece, I spect he will speak Greek. These things have happened before. Study history before you talk to me, as you apparently have no sense of history before about 1980 or so. But you definitely do indicate these are signs of the end times. You contradict yourself in your post here. Perhaps you are like your other six pack member who falsely claimed to be a member of the Cherokee Nation, then had no idea of their structure. Sorry, this was a post about a meteorite, which we would all like to recover, and you went off into a religous rant. Move your posts to the religion section. Check my spelling and word usage now please.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since the New Testament portion of the Holy Bible was originally penned in Greek... it would be helpful to know, in order to *correctly* interpret the English translation of the Bible, since that's where the English version came from. I'll assume you knew that.
But I won't assume that you knew Jesus spoke in Aramaic... which is fact. And the Holy Spirit is the One who speaks to the heart of a true believer, btw. You're right, I know nothing prior to 1980... and that's precisely why I went to college. lol
And your responses show that though you've read it, you sure haven't learned anything from it.
And no, I've not contradicted myself in the least bit... even though you've made no apparent examples of me doing so.
Have a good night... :D

Bran <><

P.S. I didn't go off into a religious rant, I only responded to your thorough discourse. :laughing7:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Bran,

You know I like you buddy, but you probably should keep it in the religion forum.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
Thousands of terrified people witnessed the event over several states: Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Ohio, Illinois and Indiana. The UFO was seen at 10pm central time (22:00 universal time) on April 14th, 2010.

What is shown in the video is the sky being lit up a large ball of light which slowly moves into view across the sky until a sudden explosion occurs. After the huge explosion a smaller ball of light continues over the horizon.

On the ground rumblings were heard much like an earthquake which culminated in a deafening sonic boom, while pictures shook on the walls, dogs barked and children clung to their mothers trembling in fear.

This video is a compilation of still photos taken from a street webcam. In reality the ball of light and explosion were seen for a span of 15 minutes.

It is news to most of us that meteors can burn for 15 minutes but that is apparently what happened in this case. Maybe everything takes longer in the Midwest.

Reader thoughts? Could this be an alien spaceship that exploded in plain view? That would surely be a good story but alas, I think not. The giant fireball in the sky last night was merely an unusual astronomical event, most likely part of the Gamma Virginids meteor shower which began in April.

And you didn't predict it? Losing your edge?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
One, it's spelled **phenomenon** and **phenomena**... heck, it's even spelled **repetitive**

You can get on and try to start a pissing match just because you don't believe anything is wrong.
And you can also make condescending remarks about my faith, or about the fact that it's VERY plausible that this all correlates to what the Bible says... which I know you've told me to go back and re-read Revelation, but I'm pretty sure I've read it MANY more times than you have... and I'm VERY familiar with what the text says in there and other prophetical passages. Not just the English text, but the Greek text for which it was written.

So before you come on and try to throw piss & vinegar on the current events that ARE taking place, you may want to take a step back and realize that this kind of activity from within the earth has never taken place before and IS at least worth taking the time to consider the fragility of the earth and the condition of the people living within it... especially if it happens right here in the US.
I understand some people like to close their eyes and say "It's not happening, It's not happening" when stuff like this takes place... but it is, and it isn't letting up.

Now I haven't gone right out and said that THIS is, in fact, "The End Times" or "all hell is about to break loose"... or even that "Jesus is coming back on such & such a date." So freakin' cool your finger pointing and judgmental talk, as you've never met me in person or know the life that I lead... nor do you know the difference I make in any of the lives around me. To assume so makes you a little arrogant.

I simply stated that it was interesting that this meteorite happened to come down on a day which the world was already so full of natural disasters/events. Still not sure why you get so bent out of shape if I make any mention of the similarities about the things that are taking place here or on any other thread. :icon_scratch:

Bran <><

Bran, you may not have outright compared the events to biblical prophesy but you DID IMPLY that the events could be related and that, I believe, was your intention.
I'm not going to jump into the fray because I repect both sides of the issue but really, when someone offers another viewpoint or disagrees with you, it does no one any good to act like this. And I mean EVERYONE, not just you. It's just that I would expect more understanding, patience, and discretion from someone with your credentials.
Rise above.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread