gpx 4000

clyde1

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
hi. i have only metal det. for a about a week in az. last month , i think i'm hooked .(prosp. 15 yrs) i'm considering a minelab because of pi,and i like the depth i've heard they will go. has anyone had exp.with the 4000 in gold fields 'if so please comment thank you.i would like to know if its worth the xtra $$

Upvote 0

Grubstake

Oct 20, 2006
Mariposa,CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab,2200sd, excallibur, soverine
Clyde, yes it is worth it, I've owned minelabs for years, nothing will touch them, they are the best, for now. That may change, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. Heres some minelab 4000 gold pictures. Grubstake

Attachments

• and Miner Matt 015.jpg
    and Miner Matt 015.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 543
  • Claim stake and 17.7 DWT Nugget 003.jpg
    Claim stake and 17.7 DWT Nugget 003.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Garys Gold 001.jpg
    Garys Gold 001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 552
OP
OP
C

clyde1

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
WOW!,that is a nice nugget may i ask what state it was found? and how deep ,i use a GMT right now, i bought it because it was cheaper than th minelab and i didnt know if i would like metal det. but i think most of the surface gold down to a foot or so has been found ,and that it would take a monumental flood to take enough over burden away for a vlf machine to do much good .i know theres still record size nuggets out there if you can get down to them.i appreciate you stopping buy and showing me some really nice nuggets. minelab should pay you to show what you found with their GPX . thanks sincerely Ron.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,Yes that is some fine gold Grubstake posted but the Minelabs speak for themselves.Go to some of the Australian Gold detecting sites and look at the kind of gold they dig with the M.L.I personally have found the G.M.T. to do better on species type gold (Gold on quartz)compared to the M.L.but it makes up in depth.

Grubstake

Oct 20, 2006
Mariposa,CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab,2200sd, excallibur, soverine
White are ok, for shallow gold, but the minelabs beat them hands down on depth and smoothness, not to mention the coil selection is almost unlimited for them. I had a Whites V/sat, it was alright, but not a match for the minelabs. Grubstake

OP
OP
C

clyde1

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
and that is one of the gripes i have with the gmt ,i don't think they make bigger coils for it , all though i'm not sure if that would give me much more depth or not. it does find small gold on the surface , but i think the really good stuff is down deep. i do like the follow the black sand mode on it though,i would just like find some nice nuggets, if i had a camera that would let me post a pic. ihave found enough flour gold to cover the bottom of my 14" gold pan one &half inches. the small stuff is ok but it takes alot more work to get. and now that i'm hooked on metal detecting, i dont want to think i'm passing up alot of gold for lack of detector,prospecting has been in my blood for many yrs now .every one says it's gold fever, but what can i say, theres alot worse things out there. thanks for your comments, i'll read them with great interst , thanks Ron

OP
OP
C

clyde1

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
oh, and when the people who say i have gold fever see the gold in my pan and thier jaws drop to the floor drooling, i say whos got the fever now.lol

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
i had a 4000 but after a yr i got a 4500 BUT......... if you want a detector that has a little better GB and DISC then look at the GOLDSCAN 5C from surfscanner.com............ go to the bottom of the page and click on Eric foster and it will bring them up..... they will use any coil that the GPX 400 or 4500 will use

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread