GPZ 19 Anyone?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanted to ask here who owns one or who has access to one that has actually used it in field conditions.

I have a chance to get one this weekend for 1,000 CHF, the person who has it I have known for over 2 decades and he is a honest person. He has been MDing forever and prospecting but recently stepped into the GPZ and up graded right away to the 19. His machine only has like 30 hours on it and that coil has about half that.

He says it is really good, but that he does not like digging forever in the mountainous terrain.

I think for him it is physical and tech issue more than anything else, he is 72 years old and can work a sluice box or dredge all day like the young bucks but when it comes to a simple push through the bush he is done after about a mile.

Anyway, I figure it is about the best deal I am going to find on a 19, but it is 1000 bucks, so I wanted to know if anyone has any experienced input on it. I took a leak when buying the machines, I have four now, they pay for them selves just as a hobby within a couple months if your on the right ground, but does the 19 make that much of a difference.

In the few countries and terrain I would use it in I have only found my biggest to date a 9.3 gram at 37cm deep, but average is about 3 grams at the same depth. Reading the specs it all sounds great from a Lab perspective, and I have never known Minelab to embellish their abilities of their machines, if anything they do not speak enough about them.

Any thoughts, and thank you all for your time,

Kind Regards

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions