Graduation Certificate Returned to Family :)

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everybody!

This is a follow up to the other post I made recently. (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/317788-certificate-promotion-fifth-grade-1935-a.html) I sacrificed my button case for the certificate, as well as the mables and the puzzle pieces I found.

Then on Tuesday, the son of the man and his mother, 88, dropped by. He and my stepfather are friends, and they happened to be in the area so they dropped by. He said that there was little left from his father, especially from his childhood, so this meant a lot to him and his mother I'm sure. I felt really good, inside, and I am willing to bet I'm not the only one. This is the first time I have been able to return something, and I hope I will have more opporotunities to do so in the future. Anyways I will have the picture of the finished case later.

Thanks for reading!

-Anthony.

Upvote 6

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Anthony! That's a great story. Good fortune will return to you many times over. Can't wait to see the pictures of the case. Great Job! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RelicHunter97

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha I sure hope so! I just gotta get out! And it's just a simple box, with a beige foam, and then the certificate in the middle, with the marbles and puzzle pieces on opposite corners.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job and great story! Congrats! Looking forward to the photos.

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go :icon_thumleft: It is a feeling that is always awesome to return something someone otherwise would never have.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you on that RelicHunter. I found a Cell phone that belonged to a wheelchair bound highschooler. She had lost it and the Provider was giving her a hard time about the service plan and refused to give her a replacement phone. Her aunt picked it up and you could just feel the excitement. She offered money which I refused and insisted on a hug before she left, which I accepted. It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside and I was floating on air. 10 minutes later I was pulled over and cited for a cracked windshield. I was ticked and my float was gone. But my finds after that were wonderful. Karma in MD'ing seems pretty real to me. That is why I cover my holes, return what I can and do that happy dance when I find real treasures. I"m on a slump right now, but I have a feeling that this will soon change.

Happy Hunting and enjoy the warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread