Grand Isle

Mels05toy

Nov 1, 2012
Fredericktown
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-20 Quick Silver 10" Spider coil, and also a Garrett AT Pro, with NEL Storm
and also a AT Gold. MineLab Equinox 800
And my newest addition: 2 sided 400 KG underwater salvage recovery magne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZDIGGER

im in Dulac,and been anxious to meet another detectorist wanting to hunt. my name is Melvin.

Gigirl

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Baton Rouge,La
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Equinox 800, Excal 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a camp at GI toward the center of the island. Did some detecting for the 1st time there this week and had a ball.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 2 hours away to the north. All those years I should of been detecting but I was out fishing for bull reds...loads of fun. I did venture to an area to detect while the beach fixer upper was rolling. Found modern day clad, a cheap watch, Bic lighter. Yes, I would check those sugar cane farmers & try to detect those fields. Oh, a cousin (who didn't know any better) ventured into the state park to detect...she was warned.

OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm 2 hours away to the north. All those years I should of been detecting but I was out fishing for bull reds...loads of fun. I did venture to an area to detect while the beach fixer upper was rolling. Found modern day clad, a cheap watch, Bic lighter. Yes, I would check those sugar cane farmers & try to detect those fields. Oh, a cousin (who didn't know any better) ventured into the state park to detect...she was warned.
Have you ever hunted the Houma area?

OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I got out on the beach for a short hunt. Nice weather but nothing to write home about, just a little clad. Looks like I will be doing more fishing than detecting here. Hope the next stop has more detecting opportunities.

Happy hunting all!

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an old copper penny today, walking back from the mail box today. No metal detector just eyeballed it.

OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably won't get out to detect here again before I leave. There is definitely a chance for something old here. It is just a small area. With time and trying for permissions, you would likely have some luck here.

I will get serious again at our next stop in Kentucky. Nice thing about being from AZ, as I head east, things just keep getting older :icon_thumright:

Happy hunting all!

OP
OP
azdirtdigger

azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting