Grants Pass Orygun

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back home from my trip to Grants Pass. Spent 9 days there just havin fun. Lots of family came for the yearly trip for the Jet Boat rides. We had family from Wa. Az. Kali. Ore. Minn. Had a great time and even found time to get a little prospecting in. Took a herd of them to a spot on Grave Creek and spent some time playing in the creek. Surprised the homeowner with Garrett Panning kit we brought for them. Kids from 8 to 16 learning to Pan for the first time is a handful of fun. Sent Pans home with the kids that wanted them. Even got some gold to send home with them, got a bucket of dirt the I classified to1/4 to pan at camp. Each got a vial with a few specks in it. Got to go back by myself Sunday and spend a few hours getting some color for myself and sluiced a couple of 3 gal buckets of dirt I was able to get in the time I had. Yup, got a little gold for myself! Not much but didn't get skunked. Best part is 2 of the 11 year old boys could not stop asking questions about prospecting. They had a ball and their Dads with have their handsful taking them to the not far Motherload country to play more. I envy living as close as they do. They live in the Bay Area and go to the Mountains camping often but never thought to take a pan with them. That has changed for them now. My Nephew promised to take them to Auburn Rec Area or someplace to learn more. Life is GOOD!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you all had some great, clean fun! I have to ask, did you see any dredging on the Rogue?

OP
OP
wa-au-nut

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The dredging happens upstream from where we where. Didn't go up there to see if they was in the river this trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread