Grass lot gives up 1892O Barber dime!

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
Yesterday I hunted a grass lot where kids have played ball forever. I've hunted it two other times and only found one silver coin there. So it's a pretty tough place to find silver. I found a religious coin and an old marble in the same hole. (I like finding those old marbles. ;D) The coin/token is a bit rough but neat. It looks old. I found 10 modern quarters, plenty of Memorials and clad dimes. I also got a few wheat cents. After about three hours of swinging the coil, I still hadn't struck silver. Very disappointing. Then I decided to hunt along the side of a very old sidewalk and started to dig some very old wheaties. That's always a good sign that silver may be near. So I slowed my game wayyyy down and began to creep along very slowly. Suddenly I got a deep hit. It was high pitched and I had a feeling it was going to be a silver coin. From about 7 inches down I got an 1892O Barber dime. That sidewalk paid off! The sun was starting to set so I hunted for a little bit longer and then headed home a happy man. I ended up finding a total of 8 wheat cents. Thanks for looking & Happy Hunting! Dan

Finds from the hunt
4756260057_6a630b0370.jpg

Close-up of 1892O Barber dime, old marble & religious coin
4756260349_01f13da2f7.jpg

Here's a short video from the hunt

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer