Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's out of stock on everything I'd buy, lol. That's the problem. He probably figured a little side thing and then there's that fine line of part and full time.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's out of stock on everything I'd buy, lol. That's the problem. He probably figured a little side thing and then there's that fine line of part and full time.

He's out of stock on almost everything aside from apparel and stickers? The site says that their store front is open 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. I'm going to email him to see if the site stock is up to date.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting bio. I dabbled in doing metal work when I found my father’s 1960s metal working book from high school. I was 14 at the time. I did only minor things such as heat treating, casting and annealing things all self taught. In the early 1990s after leaving the service I went to trade school and worked as a manual machinist. I then went back to college to learn how to weld and certify and then went back to school to receive an associate degree with an emphasis in fabricating/production work. Along the way I learned and took courses in CNC. I tell all this because sadly I left the field in my late 20s early 30s because I grew tired of production work and simply never made much money at it because I live in poor old state of AR whee there isn’t formal certifications or much advancement in the field. I did work up north for a short while and instantly made half as much more as here in my state. Last place I performed metal work was in 2001 operating a CNC turning center working 12 hour night shifts for $11 per hour (after all the experience and school) and being threatened to be fired because I wasn’t consistently producing 90% all the time. Cool thing is I never completey forgot everything and I weld at home for extra money doing odd jobs for people and I can still set up and operate a lathe. As I grew older I learned that at least half the places I worked was either out right threatened by me (at one job the supervisor apologized after I left after 2 years and told me he held me back on purpose, I was cleaning bathrooms and hired as a machinist) or they didn’t challenge me enough.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread