May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Cru'Dad is back :wink: ) We spent our last 4 hours & 20 minutes of the year plotting the extent of the Roman Site we discovered recently. Conditions were lovely, no gloves or coats needed & the over night rain made digging all the more fun.
We had our best 1 day Roman Coin count from this field - 22 (beating a tied 21) :icon_thumright:
The Lizzy Hammered is 1602-03 (her last minted years- 7th Issue) - One I needed :headbang:
1723 Netherlands Duit (STAD UTRECHT)
Countermarked Georgian ('c')
Victorian Clock Key :)
Jetton
Rose Farthing
Broken Tudor Clothes Fastener
Tudor Book Clasp
Medieval Buckles

Happy New Year Everyone :occasion18: :occasion14:

See my end of year post (lots of pictures):
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,443280.0.html

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 425
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 616
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 616
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 649
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Gravel Hill Field - Day 8...THE END...

Amazing stuff you uncover over the pond there.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A good end! Happy New Year!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeadheadDigger said:
Amazing stuff you uncover over the pond there.
:icon_thumright:
romeo-1 said:
A good end! Happy New Year!
A very strong end, it's been our best Dec ever :blob7:

Good luck in 2012 :hello:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Cru! That was an amazing finish of a succesful year! Thank You for Your inspiring posts over the year and all the best for the next! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Westfront said:
Hi Cru! That was an amazing finish of a succesful year! Thank You for Your inspiring posts over the year and all the best for the next! :occasion14:

Thanks. Year on year we try & improve, but this one will be extremely hard to follow. We are running out of new sites, even with the thousands of acres we have, & any hiddens ones will take a huge amount of time to find. However, it's all to play for :occasion14:

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
WHATA DAY! 21 Romans, amazing!,! :notworthy:

And a hammered, and fastener!....amazing site, you don't think any roman silver is going to pop out? May next plough... ;D

How many of the Romans are OK? Only two?

Congratulations

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nutriasub said:
WHATA DAY! 21 Romans, amazing!,! :notworthy: (22 not 21 which was our previous best from this land :wink: )

And a hammered, and fastener!....amazing site, you don't think any roman silver is going to pop out? May next plough... ;D (we have now had nearly 150 Bronzes Coins, & we are both wondering why 1 Silver hasn't popped up yet :icon_scratch: )

How many of the Romans are OK? Only two? Only 3 goods ones - 1 for our Album (2 for the farmer)

Congratulations

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:

Nice half groat :icon_thumleft: wish I could get that much variety :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

Nice half groat :icon_thumleft: wish I could get that much variety :icon_thumleft:

SS

We had explored this massive field (over 3-4 days in March I think), early in the year because of some nice cropmarks. We soon found out that they were Bronze Age, & could only get 1 Scrappy Roman, plus 1 hammered. But I had a hunch about an area we needed to search & as luck would have it, they put nearly half of the land to Winter Stubble. Forcing our hand, as we have little other choice. Basically what I'm saying, is we spent 3-4 days missing the best area & thinking there was not much about & that it was hardly worth our effort. We were wrong.
I don't know what your choices are right now but it must be worth re-visiting some of those large promising fields - hard work but may pay off for you :dontknow:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

We had explored this massive field (over 3-4 days in March I think), early in the year because of some nice cropmarks. We soon found out that they were Bronze Age, & could only get 1 Scrappy Roman, plus 1 hammered. But I had a hunch about an area we needed to search & as luck would have it, they put nearly half of the land to Winter Stubble. Forcing our hand, as we have little other choice. Basically what I'm saying, is we spent 3-4 days missing the best area & thinking there was not much about & that it was hardly worth our effort. We were wrong.
I don't know what your choices are right now but it must be worth re-visiting some of those large promising fields - hard work but may pay off for you :dontknow:
It's a fantastic are, but it has seen a lot of detectors, and the area is Huge, along with the fields, finding the hot spots is hard, and a lot of the land is estate land :-\ you should do well in that area of yours, being winter stubble the ground will be nice and compact now :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

It's a fantastic are, but it has seen a lot of detectors, and the area is Huge, along with the fields, finding the hot spots is hard, and a lot of the land is estate land :-\ you should do well in that area of yours, being winter stubble the ground will be nice and compact now :icon_thumleft:

For some reason the grass/weeds have not hit this area as bad as others, the digging is near perfect (as you say) :thumbsup: Today, I think we will find the limits of the Roman Coins, we seem to be getting the edge of the site, however they are slightly linear & maybe continue as a track across the field :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread