GRAVITY SLUICE SETUP IN CALIFORNIA

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stay 3' away from shore and should be good to go. No gospel anymore as each agency with overlapping authority interpert all rules differently. wish ya tons a au 2 u 2-John

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dump it in the river. Unless you are moving tons of material as in a commercial operation you'll be fine.

OP
OP

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
Thank you my brothers for your reply. I know a 1 1/2 inch hose is not going to move much, but would I get into trouble for mudding up the river down stream? JOHN

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you my brothers for your reply. I know a 1 1/2 inch hose is not going to move much, but would I get into trouble for mudding up the river down stream? JOHN

Muddying up the river? I've never muddied up a river using a 2" You will be surprised how fast the material settles back down into the water. Usually within 20 to 50 feet or so, never over 100 feet, at least anywhere I have been.
Perhaps someone else has had a different experience :dontknow:

* I just realized you were talking about North California....... I had originally thought you were talking North Carolina... Guess I should have had my glasses on. Sorry, I have no idea what they may try to pull on you for whatever reason they choose out there in California.

GG~

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I have been told by F&G is that you need to make sure that you are not over a gravel bed that could be a spawning area.
If thats the case they said a holding pond would be needed.

It makes sense though, you dont want to pile a bunch of silt onto spawning beds though with the size your running I dont think you will have that problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread