Fl otterpop

Greenie
Jun 25, 2019
Sul beach fl
Detector(s) used
Nox 800. excal ll. whites classic lll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought them yesterday and hit the beach this morning not very loud vid. 10 and lower barely can hear tones and iron so faint . Had volume on machine turned all the way up and seems right side is lower than left side and after 1 hour my ears were fatigued from pressure against my ear tried with right side off my ear for awhile ..fish fart louder than them ..I'll try them again but very disappointed for $160 ..I really like the wireless headphones that come with nox . Time for r&d mods .. just my opinion for now ..if you have any suggestions. Thks

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
You're the 2nd or 3rd person I've seen say that. I think I will hold on buying some now! Thanks for the intel!

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people like the Tony Eisenhower headphones. A friend bought a pair and really likes them. I'll be ordering a set for mine in the near future.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grey ghosts are perfect. I don't know what's going on with your setup.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people like the Tony Eisenhower headphones. A friend bought a pair and really likes them. I'll be ordering a set for mine in the near future.

Where do you order the Eisenhower phones, I couldn't seem to find it...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
See page 43 of the user's manual and read how to adjust the volume of the individual tones. Ferrous tone (under 11) is factory set at 12 on a scale of 0 to 25, other tones are factory set at 25. Hope this helps. I have to turn the volume on the GG down to be comfortable in the ocean. No problems hearing the tones, even without my hearing aids in my ears.

OP
OP
F

Fl otterpop

Greenie
Jun 25, 2019
Sul beach fl
Detector(s) used
Nox 800. excal ll. whites classic lll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I'm gonna try that did go to a dead quite beach next day could hear low tones better and got a 10k fg ..white gold band

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GG's hurt the top of my head I might have to add more cushion to them somehow.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought them yesterday and hit the beach this morning not very loud vid. 10 and lower barely can hear tones and iron so faint . Had volume on machine turned all the way up and seems right side is lower than left side and after 1 hour my ears were fatigued from pressure against my ear tried with right side off my ear for awhile ..fish fart louder than them ..I'll try them again but very disappointed for $160 ..I really like the wireless headphones that come with nox . Time for r&d mods .. just my opinion for now ..if you have any suggestions. Thks

After you try some of these suggestions be sure and come back and post your results. I am looking for some new water proof headphones as well.

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
I have the gg amphibian 1, with the same problem. The ones I bought from Tony Eisenhower, while nice, also are too quiet. I'm pretty sure it's the machine. You just can't turn it up enough to hear underwater, where sound travels differently, or if there is a lot of outside noise, like high winds. I do have to say I prefer the fit of the TE headphones. I have not had them come loose at all once they are on my head. I wish I still had my ace 250 so I could see how loud they are on a different machine.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the gg amphibian 1, with the same problem. The ones I bought from Tony Eisenhower, while nice, also are too quiet. I'm pretty sure it's the machine. You just can't turn it up enough to hear underwater, where sound travels differently, or if there is a lot of outside noise, like high winds. I do have to say I prefer the fit of the TE headphones. I have not had them come loose at all once they are on my head. I wish I still had my ace 250 so I could see how loud they are on a different machine.

Do you have them on a Nox? A friend has some on his Nox and they are plenty loud. There are some settings for volume on the Nox other than the main volume. They are in the Tone Volume advanced settings. You might try to adjust those.

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Do you have them on a Nox? A friend has some on his Nox and they are plenty loud. There are some settings for volume on the Nox other than the main volume. They are in the Tone Volume advanced settings. You might try to adjust those.

Yes, on the Nox. All volumes are at 25 except iron. They are loud enough in the air, but get underwater and it's a different story. With the lithium internal battery, I think the Nox either just can't give them enough power to perform as they should, or they didn't set it up to since most people will use bluetooth headsets, which will have their own power supply. But without a different detector I can't test it. Next time I go to my mom's I'm going to hook the gg to her detector (I'm pretty sure it uses the same connector) and see how loud they are.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, on the Nox. All volumes are at 25 except iron. They are loud enough in the air, but get underwater and it's a different story. With the lithium internal battery, I think the Nox either just can't give them enough power to perform as they should, or they didn't set it up to since most people will use bluetooth headsets, which will have their own power supply. But without a different detector I can't test it. Next time I go to my mom's I'm going to hook the gg to her detector (I'm pretty sure it uses the same connector) and see how loud they are.

Um, no. The lithium battery has plenty of power and has nothing to do with wired headphone volume or the fact that wireless headphones can be used. I know plenty of beach detectorists using various wired waterproof headphones in the water that are not having volume issues, so it must be something wrong with the headphones you are using. I know that ths GG amphibians and the stock Minelab waterproof phones have volume issues and I moved to the LS pelso phones which have plenty of volume compared to those phones.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen too many people using the Tony's that are very happy. You may want to talk to Tony to see what he has to say. There may be something going on with yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions