Great bands/singers that never caught on

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you, the Seekers had a unique magical quality to their sound, as opposed to the Mama's and Papa's. I didn't care for the big booming voice of Mama Cass. Boy, I AM opinionated aren't I? ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to be opinionated in my book. There was a post on here early, now removed ( :tongue3: ) to my opinion :laughing7:

Beat that as far as opinions :laughing9:

Then again, ask for an opinion, I'm sure someone will offer a view different than yours in no time. I've always said that music is a personal like, or dislike, no big deal one way, or the other.

I won't take anything away from Mama Cass either, she did have a great set of pipes too

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine they didn't catch on. If KOMA played that, we'd punch that button on the radio and switch over to WKY, to see if Danny Williams had somethin better on than Ronnie Kaye. (Obscure Oklahoma radio references; I won't even get into WOKJ or the X)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN, you have to remember this was the music of the time. There were so many new groups popping up every other week and folk music really had a short window to work from. The music and sound was evolving at a rapid pace from doo-wop to folk, folk/pop, pop, rock, blues, R&B, Latin and everything in between. A magical time to grow up. Bands changed members as often as we changed our clothes and music constantly changed for the next 12-13 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread