tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a walk yesterday late afternoon and didn't really see much other then a few prairie dogs. On the way back to my truck around 6:PM, I could see these big birds flying around a tree in the distance. I used the max zoom on my camera to see if I could get an ID on what was going on with all these big birds far away and I see it's a group Great Blue Heron's building nesting sites in a big cottonwood tree out there. It looks like an area I can get much closer to, so maybe today I'll get down that way for some better pictures of this spring time affair with nature going on along the creek this year. Hopefully they'll be a great subject to document if it doesn't rain as they're forecasting for today?

Attachments

• walk 032517 1.jpg
    walk 032517 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • walk 032517 2.jpg
    walk 032517 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Egrets nest like that too,I'm going to try and get a shot or two this year..along with everything else down the Meadows,mowing starts in late April.Carmine is going to open a spot for our garden this year,I reckon a lot of my time will be well spent...

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storks build nest like that also. At first I thought it could be storks, but got online to find out Herons also build their nest in a tree colony's​

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are they like black birds if you get to close?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they like black birds if you get to close?
They're Blue Herons for sure. I walked out close to the tree today and I'll post some pictures of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread