Great BOOK Rock art of ky

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a neat book. There is a picture on page 81 that is similar to one we found last fall at Natural Bridge...

Attachments

• rsz_2rockhouse_106.jpg
    rsz_2rockhouse_106.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 415

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Coonhunter!

There is a picture on Gimlet in the book that is the exact same one I posted a couple of years ago! They didn't mention the bear or Bobcat den right under the rock! Really cool waterfall there too...got a picture of it when it was a giant icicle! Wish you and Swiz had been there to crawl in that den...may have found Swifts mine back in there! I have a pic with me back in it about 10 feet but chickened out when I heard something growling! ha ha! I had planned on goingback someday with a remote camera on a remote controlled toy truck....never made it back..also an area that looks like it was Indian grave there close to the creek down the hill.

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
Thats some what interesting to see this photo here because i took a photo of that exact same carving in the breaks interstate park while hiking about four miles down stream from pow wow cave earlier this year.Ive always had an interest in the swift legend because i was born and raised in the area and have spent alot of time fishing the rivers that make up the big sandy watershed over the last thirty years. We were searching for an entrance into the pow wow cave down stream due to the location of the public spring in the park,Would this photo here happen to be located in pike county kentucky?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread