goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this was a very pleasant surprise! I called my brother and sister to wish them a happy B-day last Friday and after talking to them I spoke with my Dad. He informed me that his house had sold at long last and he wanted to know what metal detector I'd like for X-Mas. About the time by buddy Chris from Houston called in and I told dad I'd call him back.

Chris and I talked prospecting and equipment for about an hour and a half and during that talk I realized that I didn't need a new detector as we had just gotten one a couple of months ago and I'm still learning it. Then it hit me... GOLD HOG MATS!!!! Much cheaper than a detector and something that I've been wanting to get anyway.

So I call my dad back and after getting a hard time for taking so long to get back to him, I told him about the mats instead of the detector. When he heard how much less they were he was all for it! So dad is sending me a check with which to purchase the mats since he don't do computers at all.

I guess it's time to start stock-piling materials for when the mats get here so I can get the newly configured high banker dialed in. Thanks Dad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread