Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife is gone for the weekend, Kid is working all day. I decided to get up at 6 and go MD'ing. Pulled out of the driveway not knowing where I wanted to go, went a block to the stop sign and saw a dollar bill just waiting on me to pick it up in the middle of the road, so I did. I decided to go a park that hasn't given up anything other than clad and 1 wheatie. Right off the right off the bat Ace started singing the ding a ling song and I hit about 36 zinc pennies in a 6x6 area. Pulled a few nickels, and one dime, it was starting to get really muggy out and it looked like rain. I decided that I would finish up the small tot lot area before I left. Glad I did!
ring.jpg

10K, Going to try and find the owner, wish me luck!

Ended up having a 2 hour rain delay and decided to go to another park and hit a few sand volley ball courts. Found a pocket spill of 2 dimes and several pennies and a 45 Wheatie. And a gumball machine skull ring.
skull ring.jpg
45 wheat.jpg
wheat cent.jpg

All.jpg

Found this cell phone clock as well. Great Day! Thanks for looking. HH

Oh almost forgot about the cool little blue crystal :D

Upvote 3

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring! I sure the owner would be thrilled to have it back, good luck QuarterMaster.

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. How are you going to find the owner.

Im pretty sure the ring is a recent loss, it was only a few inches under the surface. I used my foot to slide some of the top sand away and there she was. I live in a relativity small town so I think I may just put a small note in the paper under lost and found then if/when someone replies I will have them describe it and when they lost it. I know the rough time frame because I cover this sandy tot lot about every 2 to 3 weeks and pick up clad, so it almost had to be in the last couple. I m going to say that it was found in a park and not name the park either. May lead to some other jewelry leads too. :)

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will always check the Lost and Found section on Craig's List too. It's good to at least try.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I scored a gold ring in a tot lot last week after being told by a man that 20+ MDers were in the park the weekend before me.
I too was glad I hit that tot lot.

Sluice hunter

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Huron Co, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Jetco Treasure Hawk. Trying to get a real one!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great QuarterMaster!!! I'm sure the owner would love to get it back!! Karma will help you find something even better!!! HH!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I like hunting such places for quick battery replacement money. Besides, you never know what will turn up. This week alone it was a freshly dropped wheat cent. The strangest thing I ever found in a playground--and it was verified as the real deal and not a knock-off souvenier--was a token from the famous Mustang Ranch - House of prostitution. No! I have not redeemed it...

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hunting such places for quick battery replacement money. Besides, you never know what will turn up. This week alone it was a freshly dropped wheat cent. The strangest thing I ever found in a playground--and it was verified as the real deal and not a knock-off souvenier--was a token from the famous Mustang Ranch - House of prostitution. No! I have not redeemed it...

Yet...?? :D

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds for ya.I didn't see your dollar bill find in your pics.It counts too......................:happy3:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I found a GR in a tot lot and posted it here, I thought it was unusual. Not so. Congratulations!!!:notworthy:

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt find an owner. The ring was actually broke on the bottom probably soldier joint
I took it in and had it cleaned fixed and appraised for $25. Appraisal is $500 not too shaby! Thanks for all the comments

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions