Great Day On Finds And Permissions

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was dragging butt this morning and I didn't feel too spry, so I didn't start detecting my permission until 8:30 and was ready to head for home by 10:40. The front yard grassy area is approximately 35' x 70' including the grassy area between the curb and city sidewalk. The was built in the mid-fifties but it's was built in an area where older homes once stood.

I elected to start my grid search using my Deus. I'll follow up with my CTX the next time I feel like going detecting. My first good find was a huge skeleton key obviously from a home from an earlier time period. I like finding those. I'd like to have seen the lock that it went to. It looks like one of those old western jail cell keys.

My second good find I just knew that I had a silver dime under my search coil, but it turned out to be a sterling silver Saint Christopher pendant. That's even better, it could have another Rosie. LOL

My third good find was a 1941 Mercury dime. Boy it sounded good. By this time I was getting ready to call it quits since I got 3 good finds for the day and was beginning feel like I was working rather than having fun.

As a last effort to finish up I switched programs from my Coins program to my Tesoro program and I just meandered aimlessly around the front yard. My Tesoro program high tones on everything above iron. Right out of the gate a got high audio tone with ID reading of a solid 72. I went for it and popped a 1942 War Nickel. I've had them high tone before, so I checked the nickel outside of the hole and it still gave a solid 72 in 11.7 kHz. Oh well! lol

My next target gave a high audio tone and ID number of 58 and guess what pops out of the ground? A 1945 War Nickel! Those War Nickels are all over the place, so sometimes it pays to dig it all.

My last good find was a 1964 Rosie dime. I don't know how I missed it on my first grid search, but I did. I must have been day dreaming. LOL

I thanked the lady who give me the permission and told her it would probably be a few days before I would come back to finish up. She said, 'hun' you comeback anytime you want to and for me to get some needed rest.

On my way home I bumped into a fellow builder/real estate agent/land developer at a yard sale who is now also retired. We remember seeing each other years back but neither one of us could recall when. The only thing that we did know for certain was that we knew of each other's companies. Long story short, he just handed the reins over to his son and he now manages over 2000 rental properties. He told me to give his son a call and tell him that I'm an old builder friend of his and I shouldn't have any problem getting permissions from him. Did I ever mention that I was lucky? If I didn't ask, I wouldn't have gotten those permissions.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2163.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2172.JPG
    IMG_2172.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 16
Dec 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dragging butt this morning and I didn't feel too spry, so I didn't start detecting my permission until 8:30 and was ready to head for home by 10:40. The front yard grassy area is approximately 35' x 70' including the grassy area between the curb and city sidewalk. The was built in the mid-fifties but it's was built in an area where older homes once stood.

I elected to start my grid search using my Deus. I'll follow up with my CTX the next time I feel like going detecting. My first good find was a huge skeleton key obviously from a home from an earlier time period. I like finding those. I'd like to have seen the lock that it went to. It looks like one of those old western jail cell keys.

My second good find I just knew that I had a silver dime under my search coil, but it turned out to be a sterling silver Saint Christopher pendant. That's even better, it could have another Rosie. LOL

My third good find was a 1941 Mercury dime. Boy it sounded good. By this time I was getting ready to call it quits since I got 3 good finds for the day and was beginning feel like I was working rather than having fun.

As a last effort to finish up I switched programs from my Coins program to my Tesoro program and I just meandered aimlessly around the front yard. My Tesoro program high tones on everything above iron. Right out of the gate a got high audio tone with ID reading of a solid 72. I went for it and popped a 1942 War Nickel. I've had them high tone before, so I checked the nickel outside of the hole and it still gave a solid 72 in 11.7 kHz. Oh well! lol

My next target gave a high audio tone and ID number of 58 and guess what pops out of the ground? A 1945 War Nickel! Those War Nickels are all over the place, so sometimes it pays to dig it all.

My last good find was a 1964 Rosie dime. I don't know how I missed it on my first grid search, but I did. I must have been day dreaming. LOL

I thanked the lady who give me the permission and told her it would probably be a few days before I would come back to finish up. She said, 'hun' you comeback anytime you want to and for me to get some needed rest.

On my way home I bumped into a fellow builder/real estate agent/land developer at a yard sale who is now also retired. We remember seeing each other years back but neither one of us could recall when. The only thing that we did know for certain was that we knew of each other's companies. Long story short, he just handed the reins over to his son and he now manages over 2000 rental properties. He told me to give his son a call and tell him that I'm an old builder friend of his and I shouldn't have any problem getting permissions from him. Did I ever mention that I was lucky? If I didn't ask, I wouldn't have gotten those permissions.

tabman

Congrats On Your Finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are absolutely killing the silver this year, congratulation! :notworthy:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tabman. The silver is nice, but I like that Skeleton Key the best.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are absolutely killing the silver this year, congratulation! :notworthy:
Thanks! Summer is about here and I'll cutting back on my detecting time until Fall gets here. I hate hot muggy weather.

Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

You did it again tab, I love the medal!!
Thanks! If I could muster up some more energy I could find a lot more. Heck I was tired before I even started today.

I’d say you had a great day. Congrats!
Thanks! Sometimes I find a good site detect and sometimes I don't. Today was a good site.

Nice finds Tabman. The silver is nice, but I like that Skeleton Key the best.
Thanks! You and me both! I'd love to the see the lock that it fit, because the key itself is 5 inches long.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love it all, especially the key. well, look at who will have no excuses for a place to hunt! congrats

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, those are some great finds you found, love the pendant:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread