Great day yesterday!

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out yesterday and had a great day... I lost myself out in the desert doing what I love (dirt fishing). I picked up the hobby last July and have upgraded from a cheap Radio Shack Discovery 2 tone only metal detector to a Delta 4000 and now a T2 ES LTD. This hobby is definitely a stress reliever! I almost did not go after my buddy had a misfortune and my son was called in to work, but my two pups didn't let me down. Went out there and as before within 20 min I get a hit "bang!" A 1904 Liberty nickel! Never fails that I find one close to a trail and fire pit. From there on it was bite after bite! I'm still dumbfounded why I cant find an old dime, quarter, half dollar or dollar coin. It's like fishing in a lake knowing there more species of fish but you keep catching catfish or I'm my case Largemouth Bass. I know there has to be a perch, trout or walleye out there lol. I did find a carp (2007 zinc) on top staring back at me. I had to trough it back thou. I did find a few blue gill in beautiful condition (Indian heads). Maybe next time I'll find my ever eluding fish! image-396062164.png image-3324423825.jpg image-252413238.jpg image-862409139.jpg image-1353793517.jpg Need help identifying this iron relic... image-498551824.jpg

Attachments

• image-4294250247.jpg
    image-4294250247.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 5

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wonderful hunt all around & beautiful coins! :hello2: :occasion18: :hello2: Maybe whoever wandered that area didn't have any big money to lose??? Hope you hit big silver next time! Andi

B1ngh4m

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Kitsap, Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I hear you about the relaxation this hobby offers. You are also fortunate to have close access to the desert. I have spent many weeks in the deserts of southern Utah and no other place on earth seems to melt the stress away as quickly as the arid sunshine of the desert.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still lookin for a liberty.nickel nice referance to fish i love it

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been in this hobby for 2.5 years and I have yet to find a single silver coin. I've had many wheaties, one buff, and old Jeffersons, but no silver. I did find a diamond ring though! Haha what are the odds. I'm hoping my new Etrac will guide me to the old coins a lot more accurately

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Positive thought and you will get your silver coins! The long item with two indentations with holes looks like a type of curtain rod holder but I'm guessing.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey buddy thanks for the mention. man i hope you left something out for me. lol i need to get back out there but still feeling sore from the accident. Im happy for you though, looks like you had a really great day of getting in the dirt. we'll hook up soon. congrats on such a great day

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread