Great Day!

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was so nice outside today that I was considering taking out the metal detector and digging some holes instead of hitting the road for a short CRH hunt...I'm glad I changed my mind!

Bank 1 - $140 in CWR - 51 keepers! Only one (1) 1964 and 50-40%

Bank 2 - I ask for halves, the head teller says, "I've got 3 rolls, but there's no silver in them if that is what you're looking for!" - I take them anyway. Three rolls, all labeled, #1 says 1971, #2 says 1976, #3 has a mix of 1965-1969! Not only was there silver, there was a solid roll! This is now my second solid roll in a little over one month of CRH'ing! Moral of the story: Always buy them all!

Bank 3 - "I've got one half dollar, but I've got a bunch of big silver dollars" (My heart actually may have stopped at this point so I have no way of knowing how long it took for me to say, "I'll take them all!") The half dollar turns out to be a 1969, the "silver dollars" were all Eisenhowers ($160 worth!), but after some inspection I think I've got some really nice ones. No silver, but some beautifully toned Bicentenials in uncirculated condition...they are really nice looking coins, I actually thought they were gold plated at first glance but it's just toning. I'll give them more attention later when I come down off of this silver rush!

Total tally:

1- 1964 Kennedy
71 - 40%
25ish - Beautiful, toned Eisenhowers. (I will post pics later, maybe someone can give me an idea as to whether or not they have any numismatic value at all.)

Not bad for 3 banks in 30 minutes!

I love this hobby!

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that certainly qualifies as a great day!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

sultan of silver

Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also MD but CRH is my fix when I don't find silver. You just got to love this S--T. :whip2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread