Great Deal on Silver 1oz Christmas Coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazcodetector

Sep 26, 2005
I just purchased 79 silver christmas coins at my local bank for 10.00 a piece. Not to shabby since silver is selling for 14.65 an ounce today. All the Silver Eagles were gone but they had tons of these Christmas coins left. You guys might want to check your local bank for leftovers. Most of the banks set the price at Christmas and stick to it. I have called all the other banks but no luck. Not to bad of a find.

Upvote 0

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
What are the silver Christmas coins. I don't know about those. I want to ask my bank about them but I don't know what they are. Can you send link or picture?

OP
OP
T

tazcodetector

Sep 26, 2005
The Christmas coins are 1 Troy ounce and usually have a picture of Santa or a tree or something seasonal on one side. I can't post a pic right now but I will try tomorrow. You can check out this link on ebay to get an idea what they are like. http://cgi.ebay.com/Seasons-Greetin...ryZ10939QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not all banks sell them and most likely only local banks. Sometimes BB&T will have them. The bank I bought them from is a small local bank and they sell silver eagles and christmas coins every year. Thanks for all the replys and I hope I answered your questions.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
on the first page of the new american hunter magazine there is a standing/walking silver dollar giveaway....give a limited # away 1 at a time for the price of priority mail shipping....sealed, good looking new coin....have not gotten yet but am watching the mailbox................gldhntr

S

southbound

I will ask my bank about this. Maybe i will get lucky. Congrats on the silver.
Vern

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
tazcodetector said:
The Christmas coins are 1 Troy ounce and usually have a picture of Santa or a tree or something seasonal on one side. I can't post a pic right now but I will try tomorrow. You can check out this link on ebay to get an idea what they are like. http://cgi.ebay.com/Seasons-Greetin...ryZ10939QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not all banks sell them and most likely only local banks. Sometimes BB&T will have them. The bank I bought them from is a small local bank and they sell silver eagles and christmas coins every year. Thanks for all the replys and I hope I answered your questions.
Oh. these are british coins? Not US?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
They're US, or whatever country and they're not actually coins. I believe the term for them is "silver rounds". A lot of different companies make them, they're kinda something different to give as presents. An ounce of silver with Santa Claus on it, or whatever.

Attachments

• silver round.jpg
    silver round.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 181

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Taz, Good investment.The local Jewelry store sells those and other misc. 1oz silver for 16-20 dollars.I too got a good deal on some silver in January when I bought 16 Unc.Peace dollars at a local auction for $10. apiece.They are all 22,23,and 24plain in beautiful condition.I dont know why no one outbid me but Im not complainin....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 162
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread