Great dime boxes!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going from one job to the next when i decided to drop off some coins, decided while i was out i may as well pick up some dimes since they have been good the last week or two, ive been getting a lot of boxes with 3+ per. last week i picked up 2 boxes on the way home from work and one had 6 and the other had 5.

Anyway since dimes have been doing well and halves have been slower then molasses over here i decided to get two boxes. started opening them in the parking lot and second roll in I got a silver a few more after that a merc. My other job i can go in as i please, so i just decided to hunt today, since I think someone had to dump a collection in my area or something because dimes have been great recently. Today was no exception. Decided to get 2 more boxes at another bank.

today further confirmed my suspicions

Found 10 rosies, 2 mercs, and my first barber!!

photo-1.JPG

To make thing better on the way home i decided to cash in a lotto ticket worth 2$ n i asked if they had any halves
. The guy working told me he had 2 and he thought 1 of em was silver. He didnt seem to care and handed it over to me, i could tell as he was grabbing them from the sound that it was, sure enough a 1969!

Also thought id post this while i got a thread going this has to be the most interesting find ive come across while crh. Its a guitar pick inside a roll of half dollars.
Pcc.JPG

Anyway thanks for looking and HH!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guitar picks happen. I found one in a String and Sons roll delivered by Dunbar over a year ago. I guess people will be dishonest. HH

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great dime scores. very clever way to get silver, it never hurts to start asking around you never know what people have. My best find in a half roll was a dollar coin - instant profit. and there were still 20 halves in that roll

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found several guitar picks in bags of halves, that must be how they end up in machine rolls. Nice scores!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score on the dimes! No guitar picks in my rolls but, I used to findSilver in my rolls, pretty weird huh, lol. HH, Maverick.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds that's a great group of dimes you found.. Congrats..

OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never had any other denomination in rolls of halves before this week. then in one box i found a penny in one roll and a dime in the other both short a half.

I have 1 40% in the last 11 boxes. Im going to concentrate more on dimes for the time being.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I never found an actual guitar pick, but I found one made from a cent a while ago, which I exchanged at a store bank for a regular cent.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've gotten 3-4 guitar picks in half dollar rolls over the years, one being an ender. Luckily for me, they are thin enough and do not take up the space of a half dollar. thanks for sharing, hh
buff

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dimes score, do you guys ever get shorted by counters with dimes? seems mine get counted up as pennies some on the read out. Almost was making me think of not looking through dimes as much but then again i feel like i'm spinning my wheels on quarters lol.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice dimes score, do you guys ever get shorted by counters with dimes? seems mine get counted up as pennies some on the read out. Almost was making me think of not looking through dimes as much but then again i feel like i'm spinning my wheels on quarters lol.

Many people do have miscounts, from a couple of dollars, to hundreds of dollars.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the helpful comment sagittarius98. Nice to see helpful people =)

OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an even better box of dimes on friday, 4 boxes yielded 27 dimes. 23 of which came in the second box alone. I had one roll with 4 in it, another roll with 3 and a bunch with 2 maybe 3 or 4 rolls.

Pic with 4, one is hard to see, its towards the middle.
image-629090624.jpg

Roll with 3
image-1722541557.jpg

Total for the day. (One dime short of 2oz.)
image-2899979285.jpg

Figured id try today since the dimes have been so good lately. 5 boxes, sadly only had 2 silvers. First 4 all skunks and the last box had 2 rosies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread