Great Hunt at Fenwick Island DE, Rose Gold and Silver Bracelet!

Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and I headed down to Fenwick Island in Delaware on the 7th to see if there was any churn from the hurricane passing through. We had not gotten every much rain but the weather looked great and this was my first chance to really hunt following a hurricane. Alas there was no sign of any storm on the ocean side yet the weather was gorgeous and the beach was packed. We saw 3 other treasure hunters on the beach.

We spent 7 hours hunting both the state park area and then further south down the highway. We nabbed some interesting pieces including a Yeti bottle opener, a pair of Panama Jack sunglasses, and the wife pulled a gold plated St. Mary medallion. There were not any troughs to hunt or sandbars at low tide so we stuck farther up the beach looking for recent drops. Around hour 5 I had a hit right on the towel line perhaps 3 inches down, sounded like a quarter. My first scoop showed it in the hole and I thought that I had a good piece of costume jewelry by the look of it. I though I saw the name "Dora" on one of the charms but didn't look that closely.

Once we decided to pack up and leave I took all my finds down to the water to rinse them off and realized I had a really good find. Once clean I saw that "dora" was actually "Pandora".

It is a Pandora Rose silver bracelet with Pandora Rose Gold Galaxy and Pandora Rose Gold Hearts Spacer charms. I am super excited! Easily my best find ever and my first precious metal find with the Equinox so far. We are planning to head back over to the beach later in the year to have another go at it. I always tell everyone that as long as I leave the beach with something it is a success but it feel great to hit one out of the park every once in a while. Still looking for that first gold ring but I will happily take finds like this in the mean time.

Attachments

• bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 16

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and some good finds. Keep at it. That gold is right around the corner, you just have to get your coil over it. Keep swingin.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. Congrats:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions