89.9 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that’s awesome, great job!!

OP
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Nice work. I've worked most of that raw material over the years. Alibates and KRF are my favorites. Gary

Both are superb materials, interestingly we find more KRF artifacts in south central Nebraska than we do Alibates artifacts and the Alibates source is 100 miles closer than the KRF source.

goodtime

Apr 14, 2009
Nebraska
Both are superb materials, interestingly we find more KRF artifacts in south central Nebraska than we do Alibates artifacts and the Alibates source is 100 miles closer than the KRF source.

Living just 60 miles or so west of you Dick we have found that to be just the opposite. We find the Alibates material but not KRF. We don't have one piece of Knife River in our collection. Definitely a head scratcher!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh! So that's where the Flat Top Chalcedony location is. I go to Guernsey Wyo from time to time and that's very close to Hartville. That material is found all over the state of Colorado and Wyoming. There's not a whole lot of info of some of the material sources of some regions found online. Nice resource and display.... Thanks!

OP
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Living just 60 miles or so west of you Dick we have found that to be just the opposite. We find the Alibates material but not KRF. We don't have one piece of Knife River in our collection. Definitely a head scratcher!

Yes, only 60 -70 miles apart Gary but two entirely different drainages. The significant difference is that the river drainage system you hunt has headwaters that originate to the southwest whereas the drainage system I hunt has headwaters that originate from the northwest. I am aware of several KRF pieces being found in northern Kansas so don’t give up on your region, someday you may find a KRF artifact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread