Great weather and the Gold aint bad either

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any other Northern Californian's Making use of this great weather!!! I may not be on the fork of river I want but still I have been out almost everyday and lovin it!!! Great weather for work!!! and even a little swimming to sooth my sore muscles.. My brother and I both have been on a good daily average...though we are packen the sluice and stuff back tomorrow...As I plan to return to my camp Sunday and really enjoy the good life..Just wonderin how anyone else in the area was doin??

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MM, nice looking color there! Be glad when I can get back out..................63bkpkr

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck everyone I have to go out on the road and drive again construction just isn't doing enough to feed the family anymore. I will get out when I take vacation every year though

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeh gotta love the colors

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got out today (sat) and it was 84 degrees, about 30 degrees above normal! I got a good culvert...the outlet showed where a flood rain gutted the culvert and deposited everything in the culvert about two feet away from the outlet. I get my samples and as we left my wife says "you didn't back fill your holes." I said I know, I'm still new at this. She says "ya know, people look around and if they see that, it won't look normal and people will want to look at it more closely." I say I know, I forgot, I'm new at this.

Samples from there are still waiting. We also found a new great swimming hole and I tried panning there. First sample, no gold. Second sample, no gold. And I mean nada, nothing, zip! Black sand was all that was left. Then I was challenged myself and started looking really looking. Turns out, someone else had recently been there and didn't backfill. So I dug out the bottoms of their sample spots. Nothing again and again.

Sooo, looking forward to panning out the samples from the culvert, but yeah...what a great day. Sunburned, tired and hungry and samples to process tomorrow. Then resume the new sluice project Monday.

BTW MM. You find the gold I want most every time. I love those little pickers!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread