Great Weather Clad to Have Gotten Out

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful day in Northern Ohio. 75 and sunny. Went to a HS the next town over. Spent 45 minutes there, it was not producing, only dug $1.07. I decided to go back to one of my honey holes. No silver today, but I at least pulled a wheat (1953-D). I love a target rich environment. Dug up $15.68 in about 3 hours, mostly quarters. I have hit this site about 15 times and have pulled close to if not $200.00. The site still has potential, I have pulled 3 mercs, 1 rosie, 1 barber dime, and a barber quarter since last Sept.

20150503_162021.jpg

Thanks for reading and again I hope ya'll got out and swung a coil today.

Upvote 7

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of clads, Loco! Well done!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undergound piggy bank there, Loco! There has to be jewelry there, out on and around the sports fields. Best of luck to you. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Undergound piggy bank there, Loco! There has to be jewelry there, out on and around the sports fields. Best of luck to you. Sub 8-)

You got it on the piggy bank. Dug over $510 last season, I plan on beating that this year. Already over 1/4 the way there. :occasion14:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good day to me!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got it on the piggy bank. Dug over $510 last season, I plan on beating that this year. Already over 1/4 the way there. :occasion14:

That's pretty cool, man. I think sometimes many of us are so worried about finding something old and rare, that we lose sight of one of the simplest joys of detecting, and that is finding a lot of coins. If you found $510 in change last year, I'd say that you were doing something right!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Sarge......I also agree with Higgy.....I like to find a lot of coins, every time I go out.....like you did today.....quarters do mount up fast. With that many quarters found, I am surprised your dime count is not higher. Must be the type of honey hole you are hunting. Good Luck on your future finds.

P.S. I am also on target for a $600+ clad count this year, see my totals updated today below.

HH
Bill

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geez, with all them coins you need a finds wagon, not finds pouch!, awesome haul!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah loco I doubt my finds pouch would hold that much clad without losing half ! :laughing7: Need a fresh clad site like that, today I was hunting a very cleaned out spot, got like 3 quarters, but theres been some good old stuff found there in the past, keep trying for more goodies ! And am trying to keep the modern trash and clad stuff cleaned out!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to all who commented & or liked. I tumbled the clad for an hour, will be fishing vending machines for silver tomorrow. I then roll all the clean change from the vending machines. I am hoarding the rolled coins for the end of the season picture. It will then get deposited into my Metal Detecting/PayPal bank account. I use the account for upgrades, repairs, detecting supplies, and maybe another detector. It is the only hobby that pays for itself!!!!

I do like to find the older coins. I average one about every 20 hrs and have all types of sites I can hit, from fields to cellar holes and old raised homestead sites. But sometimes you just want to dig targets (even if it's clad).

Thanks again:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread