GREATEST DAY EVER>>>>>>>>>HUGE COIN SPILL PICS

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Garrett Pro, Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK GUYS................I took today off and hunted at a friend who owned 200 acres who told me about some "ruins" in his woods, I went out, about 1 minute into the hunt, buff nick, then, coin after coin after coin after coin after coin, one after another of all sorts of different years, nothing after 1969, all pre-1969 different countries, different years, Indians, buffs, v's, flying eagles, barbers, large cents from Canada, New Zealand, some I don't know yet..........in all 394, yes 394 coins came out of the ground and in decent shape but tons of glass caused me to stop today, going back, If you want I will ad many more pics, but here are a few, I need help with the 1865 coin..............I am so totally psyched..............................so now I have to edit because of some people who called me a liar, I thought it was pretty evident that this was a coin collection that I found, I th ink I broke the bottles when I was digging these up, out of the entire group only several of these coins were off by themselves, I realize that these coins are in great shape and am not claiming I pulled 400 individual coins from the ground, I thought it would be evident but I guess you have to clarify every fact so you are not called a liar.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0295 (2).JPG
    IMG_0295 (2).JPG
    457.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    480.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Upvote 22

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi coindigger; No one has called you a liar. We just love detecting so much that when folks make a great find like yours we love to hear and see all the details of the find itself. It is not that we are calling anyone a liar. It's just that we also want to share in the joy of the moment. YUP, we also love to scrutinize every detail out of a love of the hobby and to also try to help the person who made the finds ok. I hope this clarifies things for you. Lastly, Don't worry about if you did not word your post just so correctly. Who cares ?? This is NOT about writing a Scientific Report. It's about sharing your great find PERIOD.!!! If people correct you take it in stride. They are only trying to help ok. Otherwise we will track you down like a mangy dog and tar and feather you ok. :laughing7:
So relax and Post away. Great find. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a great find. You stated the coins were found in a 10-25 yard area. In my opinion, you did not break the containers or jars that contained the coins. They were already broken before you ever arrived on the scene. If you had broken them, the coins would still be grouped together and not spread out. Likely a tractor or dozier did the damage a few years ago. In the right type of soil, the coins could still look somewhat as nice as they did the day they were scattered. Hope you find more.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
If I may, the reason some guys are doubting the find is that copper cents & nickles don't hold up that well in the ground ever. But.. they are thinking of coins that have been buried and exposed to the elements for many many years. It is entirely possible as others have suggested that you found some kids "buried treasure" that he stole from someones coin collection & buried in the last 20-30 years. They aren't taking into consideration that copper coins & nickles that are recently lost are going to look very much like those.. Cut them some slack. In the past we've had a newbie or 2 show up with amazing finds of coins that looked like they were just taken out of coin flips & buried the day before & who were clearly lying. I don't believe that to be the case with yours. Great find ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you will find that most of the time, the doubters are the ones that are having crappy luck and just can't stand to see someone else hit a great find!
More power to you.........may this be the best hunt you have ever had, but, the worst of those to come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread