GREATEST DAY EVER>>>>>>>>>HUGE COIN SPILL PICS

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Garrett Pro, Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK GUYS................I took today off and hunted at a friend who owned 200 acres who told me about some "ruins" in his woods, I went out, about 1 minute into the hunt, buff nick, then, coin after coin after coin after coin after coin, one after another of all sorts of different years, nothing after 1969, all pre-1969 different countries, different years, Indians, buffs, v's, flying eagles, barbers, large cents from Canada, New Zealand, some I don't know yet..........in all 394, yes 394 coins came out of the ground and in decent shape but tons of glass caused me to stop today, going back, If you want I will ad many more pics, but here are a few, I need help with the 1865 coin..............I am so totally psyched..............................so now I have to edit because of some people who called me a liar, I thought it was pretty evident that this was a coin collection that I found, I th ink I broke the bottles when I was digging these up, out of the entire group only several of these coins were off by themselves, I realize that these coins are in great shape and am not claiming I pulled 400 individual coins from the ground, I thought it would be evident but I guess you have to clarify every fact so you are not called a liar.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0295 (2).JPG
    IMG_0295 (2).JPG
    457.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    480.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Upvote 22

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. I could only hope to find bunch of coins like that, good job. That's what I think, Kid(s) took dads or moms coins and was playing pirate's of the Caribbean or something.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Ironic, I found the same Boyscout's Slider on Saturday, 1950's or 1960's. Made of pewter or some other kind of pot metal.

20150430_100337.jpg

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wasn't going to reply to this post initially. But after reading some of the replies made by veteran MDers and long time members of T-net I wanted to chime in.

It has always been my understanding that if someone creates a post that is "suspicious" you are to either congratulate them or say nothing. That seems to be the tactful and diplomatic thing to do. I am surprised and embarrassed by some of the posts I read with regard to this find.

Congratulations on the tremendous find. I hope one day to find a cache of coins like that.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi C.H. didn't even see this post till now , nice Kids Cache find there !! :occasion14: Thats a great way to start the hobby out, been detecting 30+ years here and haven't had the good fortune to find any kind of a :treasurechest: cache yet ! :BangHead::BangHead:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
beez0404
You are correct; Users are to accept the guidelines which state, in part:
[SIZE=+1]FORUM GUIDELINES[/SIZE]​

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.
Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

Don......

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the post the kid must taking coins from the father back in the 1970 .

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure dont look like dug coins to me..:icon_scratch:

Park Pirate- It was a dug cache of coins probably wrapped in plastic and in a glass jar, that the finder may have broke while digging it out. Probably a kids stashed cache! Cool!

Congrats- Coin hunter inc., not a lot of caches found! I'd be excited too! Maybe the kid put it down as his retirement!

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you very much an going back to the site today to see what else is there and will take pics with my cell phone.

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you should of read the whole post, and considering you are not very far from where I found these, I would be happy to show you the location and let you hunt a little at the spot, with the understanding what you find is mine of course..............but I would allow you to come and see what I am finding there, the spot contains more coins I am sure..........

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!

Could the site have been scraped by a dozer, or log skidder to break the jars....any equipment through there in the last few years?

Find of a lifetime.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
possible, I will check today, I am going now, going to hunt it for a few hours to see what else I can find...........

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great find!! I would love to come across something like that. maybe one day I will. This thread also reminded me why I stopped coming to TNet for the last year or so and went to other places. Not because of the finds, but the useless BS chat that comes along with some of them. Now it makes sense after a year absence, I see very few names I recognize from the last time I logged on.

Once again!! Outstanding cache/spill, whatever you want to call it. You found it!!

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks..............really appreciate it, waiting for my ride to go back out today, I have been detecting for years and first time I found something like this..........thank you very much..........

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on an awesome find.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinhunter - if you had provided the complete story including the info you mentioned above, I might have worded my initial response somewhat differently. I assumed they were dug straight from the ground as you didn't say otherwise, and in that case there's absolutely no way they would come out looking like that. So you can see why I had a hard time believing that. And I'll have to admit that I also took under consideration that you're a very new poster here, and we've had a few problems in the past with new people posting stuff they did not dig. With all that said, and since you sound like an honest guy, I retract my earlier statement and apologize if in fact I'm in error on my original assumption.

Bill your violating TN rules when you attacked OP for the finds like that, don't attack in open forum, if need be contact mod and express your concerns but you can't attack a post based on just your belief.....

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe ya, I'd also be thrilled to find those coins, all 394 of them. A heck of a find there. Nice variety of coins. I also agree with "TNmountains" says that it looks like the kids got into daddy's cookie jar. OH I betcha he's (daddy) gonna be mad. YIKES!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread