Green and White Wrappers for dimes

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Another day in the learning process...

When I buy dimes they sometimes come in machine wrappers that have a white body and green stripes on the ends. I cannot recall pulling ANY silver out of thousands of dollars face with these turkeys.

Both Wells Fargo and US bank get these from a center in Portland Oregon.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED A PROBLEM WITH WHITE AND GREEN OUT OF PORTLAND, SUCH AS NO SILVER?

Upvote 0

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Sounds like an NF String wrapper. I average about 2-4 silvers from the string boxes I get.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think you're just having a string of bad luck

the coin processors do not own the coins and they are not allowed by law to cull silver in the U.S. , Canada is a different story from my understanding and what i've read on these boards.

good luck!
Bigheed

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I get the green and white Strings Wrappers from my Credit Union, who orders them from Wells Fargo here in Eastern Iowa. I do not know where Wells Fargo in Eastern Iowa gets theirs. I was getting 1.375 silvers per $250 Box until my last $1000...I only got 1 silver, bringing my average down to 1/$250, but it was also my first Merc. I have another $1000 sitting at home waiting for me...hopefully these aren't as skunky as last week.

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Thanks.
I am probably just having an attack of insecurity.
But I HAVE noticed much better success from brown dime rolls over white and green.
A site that I checked out about BU roll collectors informed me that the white and green is simply a more modern wrapper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread