ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it fascinating that so many of the ships havent been found yet. The fact that so many of the ships managed to stay in a tight line through a hurricane that they all went to ground together is amazing. So if one group could do that, what about the others? Did they stay in a formation but were smart enough to stay in deeper water? Where were they in relation to the group that beached? So many questions, so much to speculate over.... storm eye location, storm path, ship location and decisions made, wind directions, sea currents.

Wish I had time and money to chase theories!

The reason the other ships have not been found yet is because they are looking in the wrong area. heh (i know, I know, duh right... But they are way off IMO.)

Seven of the eleven have been found and two more are believed to have been found.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4 ships that remain in question...

San Miguel: the San Miguel was a 22 cannon frigate which had a crew of 62. The wreck of the San Miguel has never been identified and there a number of theory’s as to its whereabouts. One of the theories is that the frigate escaped the hurricane but was badly damaged and thought to have eventually sunk off Amelia Island.

Nuestra Señora de Concepción: this was a Spanish galleon of the Nueva España fleet reported to have sunk on 07/30/1715. Its remains have not yet been identified.

El Ciervo: El Ciervo was a merchant ship that was part of the Los Galleons fleet. It was headed by the flagship and joined by San Miguel and La Concepción, plus one other small merchant vessel. Its priciple cargo was brazil wood and tobacco.

La Holandesa: this was a Dutch built merchant vessel. It was formerly known as Nuestra Señora del Carmen. The ships name was changed to Nuestra Señora de La Popa by the ships captain Antonio de Echevera. The vessel is said to have grounded during the hurricane. If this is the case it is likely that the vessel was completely salvaged by the Spanish, including its hull, and no trace remains.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS...

13393941_1350970288251815_1958992647510249775_n.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread