Green plastic digger

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this 10" digger at a rummage sale. I haven't tried it for plug cutting, but it's very effective for poking around in an already-cut plug hole in soft soil, and eliminates worry about scratching anything. It feels like polypropylene or polymer. No brand name on it.

I used it tonight. It is easy to tell when the edge of it touches a tiny piece of metal.

It's green so it will blend right in with the grass the first time I lose it. And it's plastic so I won't be able to find it with the metal detector.

Attachments

• Green digger.JPG
    Green digger.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
I have something similar that is black and all plastic. But I often forget to take it with me. I just don't have a good way of carrying all this stuff yet so things get left behind. I've been using my Fiskars garden knife which I really like. But last night I was digging a 12" deep hole and had to resort to using my hands to scoop out the dirt. I really could have used a digger like the one you are showing to scoop with. I was also worried about using my hands to scoop and getting cut by whatever I ended up finding (which turned out to be a nail).

Looks like a good buy to me. If it breaks you just throw it in the trash.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It reminds me of the scoops used for nugget hunting.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Harbor freight sells one for about $2.00, I've often been tempted to
buy one. They look pertty solid. Guess I'll pick one up next time I'm
out there.

OP
OP
jsandin

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plehbah said:
It has that "Garrett" feel to it........

Kind of green and plasticky.....

I do have an ancient Garrett that is made from the heaviest possible metal, and is that exact same green color. It left me with aching Popeye arms. I recently switched to yellow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread