• greer4.jpg
    greer4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,682

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Astrobouncer said:
Is this farm off highway 14? Kinda up on a hill?

I don't THINK this is the same one...although I've drooled over the spot you talk about for years...just never got around to getting permission...I think they've cleared it now, haven't they? My wife's family lives on 14...Howell's (Howell Farms barn is near that seafood/steakhouse on the river).

You do much digging around the area?

Greg
SCdigger

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Sorry its taken so long to respond, I didnt see there was a reply.

I think that place is cleared now. I did some metal detecting for about a month mostly by a local creek where I had permssion from the land owner who has found lots of arrowheads and other misc stuff, but the detector broke. When I took it back to the sporting goods store I got it from they were sold out and unable to give me store credit so I got my money back. I never did get another one. I am mostly into prospecting anyway, I wanted to use the metal detector mostly to help figure out where the pay streak is in a river.

I know where Howell farms is I pass by there about once a week when I go into town that way.

ben2go

Sep 27, 2008
Upstate,SC,USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I believe that was Mr.O'neils house.He sold out around the time BMW came to town.He bought the old gold mining property up off Jugg Factory road and built a house.I worked with him at Cryovac a few years ago.

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still there on the corner of BMW property. I work at BMW and this coming winter (when the 10 ft high weeds are gone) I'll see if I can get permission to MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread