Greeting card stashes

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Talked to friends a couple of days ago visiting from out of state that do the catalogueing and selling at estate sales, and asked about cashes. On one sale, after the family had taken what they wanted and said after a WEEK of going through the antiques, etc., that the estate people could have the 'junk' that was to be thrown out after the sale or something, well....
This old couple had left some interesting 'junk' after their passing, like the various piles of greeting cards pack-ratted for whatever occasions they may be needed for ,in drawers, closets, etc. The family should have bothered to open them up; almost every one had either silver certificates, or OLD fifty dollar bills in them!! They should have checked that rusty old toolbox of grandad's in the corner of the garage, too, since it was totally PACKED with wads of MORE old bills! Not to be greedily morbid, but take your time if you are ever in that type of rummage; think outside of the box when searching for what only you may see as 'valuable'...
This site has certainly taught me that!

HH Becket

OP
OP
B

becket

Jun 3, 2007
I know, and my friends were as surprised as you and I. The thing was, there were so many expensive antiques and stuff to grab, they didn't bother to bend over, move a couple of things that weren't worth anything to them, just to check "that old rusty toolbox, bleeth!"

Ya' know?
Greedy boneheads, God love-em'....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions