greetings all

kodad

Greenie
Jun 5, 2005
ft myers fl
hello all,
just thought i'd introduce myself---
been checking y'all out for a couple of months now---read almost every post on the forum--fascinating---broke down today and ordered a garrett ACE 250 from ebay($199w/ a bunch of accessories)can't wait till that big, brown truck rolls into my driveway! ::)
i am in AWE of the intelligence and passion in this forum!!!!!
i live on the beach so i'll do alot of beachcombing(i remember as a kid we would scatter a bunch of pennies in the path of the old guy coming down the beach w/ his md--it'll probably come back to haunt me(karma is as karma does)
lots of spanish and pirate lore in this area---starting to research a little more in depth
also,actually started researching a ghost town nearby(old phospate mining camp ) all this inspired by your stories and research(i've already got the bug!!!)
hope this wasn't too long just to say hi and i hope i will be able to post some cool finds like some of the amazing ones i've seen here-----kodad

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Welcome!! I know, when i got my first detector i practicaly ran to the ups truck :D i think the guy thought i was gonna attack him lol. The marley icon looks farmiliar... are you a fan of his music?

jleland

Sep 21, 2005
NE
kodad said:
hello all,
just thought i'd introduce myself---
been checking y'all out for a couple of months now---read almost every post on the forum--fascinating---broke down today and ordered a garrett ACE 250 from ebay($199w/ a bunch of accessories)can't wait till that big, brown truck rolls into my driveway! ::)
i am in AWE of the intelligence and passion in this forum!!!!!
i live on the beach so i'll do alot of beachcombing(i remember as a kid we would scatter a bunch of pennies in the path of the old guy coming down the beach w/ his md--it'll probably come back to haunt me(karma is as karma does)
lots of spanish and pirate lore in this area---starting to research a little more in depth
also,actually started researching a ghost town nearby(old phospate mining camp ) all this inspired by your stories and research(i've already got the bug!!!)
hope this wasn't too long just to say hi and i hope i will be able to post some cool finds like some of the amazing ones i've seen here-----kodad

You got it Kodad, that is exactly how I see these bloaks, there intellect is astounding. I mostly just read and keep quiet.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome ! And good luck hunting.

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Welcome, I've been fishing with Guide Phil Pica down there and stayed in a condo -- the Sandarac it think. I noticed that they set the rental umbrellas and lounge chairs out pretty much the same way every day. Looks like a great place to hunt. Especially with winter coming on the crowds get pretty heavy down there I hear. I've never had the chance to beach hunt but from what I have read, you might try finding the pattern the public uses on a regular basis IE: where they put the rental chairs and umbrella and skip the vast stretches up the the buildings until you have worked the locations where the heaviest concentrations would be.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
kodad

kodad

Greenie
Jun 5, 2005
ft myers fl
jake-marley icon was on profile page -just used it until i could figure out how to post pics(my only digital camera is on my phone) but am a huge fan of reggae(roots,dancehall stylee, dub,ska)--
crutch- i know of phil--i too am a boat captain(drive the parasail boat, do some shark and fishing guide trips) i hear tourists telling me all the time about stuff they lost(rings ,bracelets,watches) there are some high end resorts on sanibel is. where i hope to find some recenetly lost treasures----
just waiting for ups to show up----so amped
kodad

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I don't mean to get you all worked up over nothing buy my bet is your going to be posting pics of good stuff all the time and soon.
Any more red tide or have the tarpon and permit showed back up. I skipped last year and this year.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum kodad! i think you will find that this hobby turns you into a bit of a history buff (especially your local areas history).i guess it kinda goes along with the territory! i cant wait to begin reading about your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread