46.9 KB · Views: 776
  • 15112007vondsten.jpg
    15112007vondsten.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 772
  • 17122007vondsten.jpg
    17122007vondsten.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0
its a silver coin -- kirk made a "typo" once hit "w" instead of an "s" --- turned silver into wilver and hes called it that ever since --- BTW I got a 1942 belgium 25 cent coin ---I think it was put out during the time that the nazi controlled belgium --- Ivan

Welcome flemishman. Congratulations on the nice finds. Look forward in seeing more of your posts. :)

Welcome to the forum! Nice finds and good to see someone from Belgium posting. That Fisher F2 is a nice machine for the money. Happy Hunting (HH), Mike

ohhh, lol, i haven't found old silvers yet, but i'm looking.
Where did you find the 25 cents ? i found 2 last monday but still have to clean them up, the ground is clay here and that's not a good thing for coins
the one in the last pic , lefttop ( with the center hole) is a 5 cent from 1907 , strangely enough this coin was almost in great condition.

ivan salis said:
its a silver coin -- kirk made a "typo" once hit "w" instead of an "s" --- turned silver into wilver and hes called it that ever since --- BTW I got a 1942 belgium 25 cent coin ---I think it was put out during the time that the nazi controlled belgium --- Ivan

Bavaria Mike said:
Welcome to the forum! Nice finds and good to see someone from Belgium posting. That Fisher F2 is a nice machine for the money. Happy Hunting (HH), Mike

it sure is , and it does pretty good on the beach as well.. i tried it on the sand between dry and wet and it didn't go crazy by the mineralisation

Welcome to T-net, when I was in Belgium a few years back I was walking around a park in Monsu Ser Sombre and was finding Franc coins laying on the ground in plain site. My wife came here from Belgium in 86, she is a Walloon from the Monsu Ser Sombre-Charleroi area.

Greetings from a Brit in Germany, or/of wou ik zeggen, groetjes van een Engelsman uit Duitsland, Ik wens U heel veel vondsten, een Zalige Kerst en een Gelukig Nieuw Jaar.
Groetjes Ray

Big welcome! :) We love seeing European treasures. ;)

Hey Flemishman Merry Christmas from upstate New York !

Nice finds ! 8) have you done any old plowed fields ?

Awaiting to see more finds from you as in my neck of the country we cant hunt cause the ground is frozen solid and under huge snows AND only way most of us can survive is by viewing finds from other countries !!

HH !!

D. of the frozen tundra !

Welcome to TNet! You have a nice start, keep it up. Looking forward to seeing your future finds.

Nat

You are so lucky to have such history at you feet there in europe. I found these in 1990 around Bullion (sp?). I know what the 10 phenning is and I assume the larger coins is a 5 franc coin. Do you know what the other coin/token is? Good finds friend!

Attachments

• 122007 001.jpg
    122007 001.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 565
  • 122007 003.jpg
    122007 003.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 564
  • 122007 002.jpg
    122007 002.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 545
  • 122007 004.jpg
    122007 004.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 546
Welcome aboard. Nice Finds. Hope to see more of your posts.

Welcome aboard Flemishman and nice finds. Hope to see more.

-SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back