Greetings from Cibolo, TX

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX (PI) and Garrett Ace 350 (VLF) detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an Air Force retiree living just NE of San Antonio in the bustling metropolis of Cibolo, Texas. Just getting back into metal detecting after a 30 year hiatus. Did some relic hunting with friends and coworkers when I was stationed at the Pentagon in the mid-80's. That place was "Civil War Central" .... If you couldn't find relics there, it's because you weren't even trying. As a young Airman, I didn't have a big hobby budget back then, so my equipment was nothing more than a Radio Shack "$60 Special" detector. But other folks I knew had 2 and 3 spare detectors, so it wasn't much of an issue for me to borrow something better. I have a much larger budget these days! Santa Claus was extra special good to me this past Christmas, so I'm back into dirt fishing once again.

Swing away!

Patrick

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome Sky Sgt. and thank you for your service..Like you,I was in it back in the late 70's and actually had a pretty good set up back then.I'm also retired and just getting back in with a cheap detector but it's O.K...I still enjoy it..Good luck with your venture and do that research...One thing I did learn from those days was the more you knew about the history of your area the more success you have..:.)..

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net and back to the addiction. You definitely have come up in the detecting world since the Radio Shack $60 Special! Tell us how you like the ATX. If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to PM me.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome and good luck from N. Mississippi.

OP
OP
SkySgt

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Bayhawk2 .... Amen, Brother!

Pat

OP
OP
SkySgt

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net and back to the addiction. You definitely have come up in the detecting world since the Radio Shack $60 Special! Tell us how you like the ATX. If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to PM me.

Roger Wilco!

OP
OP
SkySgt

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Patrick! Looks like Santa took good care of you. Thank you for your service!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Was my pleasure to serve, folks! Actually, it's kind of a family tradition. My father was enlisted in the Army Air Corp back in WWII and in the Air Force in Korea. My brother was a commissioned officer in the Army and flew Cobra gunships in Vietnam. Was only natural that I served too.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread