Greetings from Georgia!

Halfabean

Mar 22, 2014
Northeast Georgia, Fulton County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treasure hunters! I'm Halfabean, but you can call me Bean or HB, whichever you prefer. :)
I'm interested in gem and rock collecting but every other aspect of treasure hunting is darn fascinating to me as well.
I live in Northeast Georgia (Right next to Cherokee county, in Fulton) with my parents who aren't very sympathetic to rock-hounding and treasure/fossil/bone collecting (they find it dirty and pointless), and so I mostly enjoy listening to other people's stories of rock collecting and treasure hunting. I'm looking to learn about what different minerals and rocks there are in my area which surprisingly I haven't been able to find this information very readily on the internet, and I can't read geological survey maps, so I mainly wander around and pick up pretty rocks I find. I have a few Tiger's eye polished stones that I got a while ago from a friend, but they aren't very impressive.

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you and see you all around!

-HB

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard Halfabean! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aboard, check out mindat.com just google it up.:hello:
This website will be your best mineral directory for any area you choose to look into.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aboard, check out mindat.com just google it up.:hello:
This website will be your best mineral directory for any area you choose to look into.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N. Mississippi. Face.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread