Greetings from Missouri!

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
1990s - Bounty Hunter Tracker (Wife's)
Future - Likely an XP Deus (On the hunt.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined back in 2013, but due to some physical issues I was not in a position where I could enjoy getting out and running my detector.

Those issues should all be resolved after a complete hip replacement and two knee replacements. Just had the hip done three weeks ago and the knees will be replaced in July and October of this year.

In my younger years I was a miner in Arizona around the Globe area and became interested in metal detecting and gold mining. In those days I had a Garrett BFO and didn't find much with it due to a lot of mineralization in the ground where I lived so I pretty much stuck to gold panning and mineral specimen collecting. Several years later we moved to west Texas and I picked up a used Whites 4000Di. The first day I swung it I found a heavy 14K gold wedding band in my own back yard. Talk about inspiration!!! My wife and I loved going to some of the old abandoned places in the Midland area and found a lot of great things.

Here we are today and I am preparing to purchase my next detector and am researching them now. I figure that by the time I finish recuperating I should have enough information to make an intelligent decision.

Some of my other interests are numismatics (just finished my Dansco 7070 US Type Set in XF and above. Took me 35 years!), mineral specimens, hunting, firearms, and reloading, collecting writing instruments, timepieces, and ephemera (things like hand written vintage journals, civil war diaries, letters, etc.). That's enough.... :dontknow:

Anyway, glad to be here guys and I hope to be a profitable member of this community!

My Compliments!

Richard

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back to TNet! Great post!
Try researching the XP Deus for its capabilities and super lightweight construction. Should be a big help on an aging body.
Best of luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to TNet! Great post!
Try researching the XP Deus for its capabilities and super lightweight construction. Should be a big help on an aging body.
Best of luck!

Thanks Rusty. I will do that! Can you shoot me a link (at your convenience) to the XP Deus that you would recommend? I have put aside about $2500.00 for detectors and accoutrements for my wife and I so anything you can recommend we will certainly take a look at within that budget.

I have a lot of information to digest and I do appreciate all the help folks can give me.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Back Richard! In case you forgot - browse Sub-Forums: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to Tnet! :coffee2:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back to the forum from Massachusetts!

The completion of the type set takes time and patients, both of which you obviously have in abundance! :occasion14:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome again....I hope you recover the gold and coins quickly...oh wait I meant I hope you recover quickly so you can get the gold and coins....enjoy the site and just because you may not swing doesn't mean you can't visit here and contribute.....

OP
OP
Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Also for the suggestions for a new detector. Looks like the XP Deus is leading in my research so far.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the forum.
The DEUS is an excellent machine and has been good to me as well to many other members. For the bride, or when it is threatening to rain, I would also recommend the AT PRO. It is an all terrain machine and produces well in fresh water lakes.
Best of luck to both of you.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back from Virginia! Sounds like you already have some good research suggestions on units. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread