Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett pinpointer, 4", 10", 14" coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
I have been a frequent non registered viewer of this site for quite awhile. Finally found a time in life that I can dedicate more of my time to some of the hobbies I have and figured I would register here to meet some new people and possible locals that would be up for dirt fishing with me. I haven't been in north Alabama long, just over a year now. I've hunted twice since here with little luck until this past weekend, just wanted to drop a note and introduce myself. Name is Matthew, been detecting for about 7 years now. Currently I'm using my Fischer F2 detector, it seems to be coin happy and never lets me down on coins, now a ring this weekend! I'm hoping to find some decent things here in this state, I am from Norfolk Virginia, so I'm use to really old locations and hunting around Williamsburg, Newport News, and Virginia Beach. I've had a lot of success there in that area with revolutionary war finds and some that even predate the wars. I'm 29, and love history and researching history. If there are any locals that would enjoy hunting with me please feel free to PM me and we can go from there. Happy to be a member, looking forward to our future conversations and sharing the things we find! Everyone have a great evening and I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Matthew. Where in North Alabama are you? I work in Pulaski TN so perhaps I'm not too far from you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Alabama for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

RonnieR

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2016
Priceville, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Matthew, Welcome! I am from Priceville. Just getting back to the hobby after a long break.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some digging at a few spots yesterday, just thought I would share some pics. Eaglelock.jpg franklinhalf.jpg franklinhalf2.jpg whistle.jpg

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to start a photo album, this is post #5

Wildcat1750