Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2014
Sheffield Tasmania
Detector(s) used
x terra 705, gpx5000, xt1700
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

i just wanted to say hello to everyone on here and say thanks to everyone for so many great posts.

i live in Tasmania. Happily married. Have six beautiful children aged 10 and under. So a fun and amazing and busy home. (Having a beautiful wife isnt as easy as it looks!)

Im in my Second year at University studying Geology,metallurgy and Environmental science. At the moment im doing Chemistry. And really enjoying it. I hope to study for another 3-4 years. Till the kids are all start school. Then my wife wants to do nursing. Im also a 5th gen prospector and enjoy being active and vocal here in Tasmania. i only started looking for relics and treasure the last 12 months More to get used to a new detector and ended up really enjoy it and it makes a nice change from our forests. Its a really beautiful place Tasmania, if ever you get the chance to come down. We still have a bit under 1% of my state unexplored. So its still exciting times down here and the last of our early proclamation coins like the Holey dollar. The last one was found down in Tassie. So started looking for them as well, as you do. one recently sold for just under 1/2 million dollars. We also have / had world class VHMS mineral deposits and a few rare mineral species. Mt Lyell mine is 5km under ground now and has been in operation for 120 years. The main ore body was 300 meters wide!10 times bigger than the next biggest and a host of other sulfide deposits. But even so, we still only produce 1% of Australia's total output.

have a wonderful day

Kindest Regards
Phillip

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard!