Greetings From Western Massachusetts!

Jun 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! :hello:

Just wanted to introduced myself. I've always been interested in Metal Detecting, Arrow Head hunting, and all things in the manner of "treasure hunting." I haven't had the fun of trying my hands with metal detecting, but have been watching tons of YouTube videos on the subject and I'm itching to dive right into it. I've tried searching for several Springs/Summers for any kind of arrow heads here in the Pioneer Valley, but have come up empty every time. Gotten a ton of great hikes in during the process and discovered many beautiful and scenic views and trails which I consider a treasure in itself, so I guess that something to look back on.

I just happened to start Googling Metal Detecting/Arrow Heads in Western Mass. and it led me to this wonderful forum. I wish I found it sooner as this place seems to be a treasure trove (pun intended) of knowledge and information on the subject. Sadly, no one I know, except for my wife is interested in finding relics from the past. So, it has been hard for to connect in person with anyone with similar interests. I'm not really into for monetary gain, as so much as finding pieces of history. I'm an amateur history buff and I know this area is chocked full of historical events, towns, and amazing things to discover. I'm eager to begin reading as much as I can to find out what would be the best detector for me to purchase, where I could possibly find some good hunting ground, and what I should be looking for in general.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather we are having this weekend. Thank you! 8-)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia! Where abouts in Western MA are you?

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

OP
OP
L
Jun 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia! Where abouts in Western MA are you?

Thank you being so welcoming, everyone!

And I'm in Northampton, about 5 mins away from Smith College. There is a ton of history around here and I'd love to be able to dig some of it up, lol.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi

Down_n_Dirty65

Feb 27, 2018
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the South Coast of MA! Newbie myself so I won't have tons of advice but I'll follow along with your posts to see what we can learn together!...

dcal

Aug 31, 2017
Western MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot a great information here and there's a ton of people willing to pass on their experience to you if you have questions. I'm from Northampton also. Still very new to detecting and I haven't been able to get out as much as I intended to. Only a handful of times since I started last year. Life always seems to get in the way when I plan to go. LOL

OP
OP
L
Jun 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, thank you everyone for the welcomes. I didn't expect to see too many people from Mass. here. I'm pleasantly surprised at how local some people are. Can't wait to finally get some time off to start detecting. I've been addicted to watching YouTube detecting videos for weeks now, lol.

OP
OP
L
Jun 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot a great information here and there's a ton of people willing to pass on their experience to you if you have questions. I'm from Northampton also. Still very new to detecting and I haven't been able to get out as much as I intended to. Only a handful of times since I started last year. Life always seems to get in the way when I plan to go. LOL

Thank you! Great to see someone else from Northampton as well. I haven't been detecting as of yet, but looking around a lot for arrow heads and other artifacts of the sort. Would love to get a local group going sometime. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread