GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM GNATNUTZ IN WASH STATE

gnatnutz

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
concrete/ skagit valley/ wa. state
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been lurking around your site for a couple a years now and have decided to come out from behind the bush! First of all I should tell you all that I live in Skagit county which is located in the nw corner of the state about 10 miles from the Mt Baker area. I'm lucky to live within a few miles of old prostpecting areas and yesteryear mining historical areas such Monte Cristo and the Cascade river which had silver mines, gold mines ,etc. Grew up in the community of Diablo which is now North Cascades National Park, but when I was a young laddie it was actually national forestry lands. Liked that alot better than the national park! Too many rules in the park, feel like I'm on a leash! While growing up in Diablo, I used to hike into and wander around the old Ruby Creek Mining area which is now covered or should I say submereged under the surface of Ross Lake but rest assured if they dropped the level of the lake, The old Mining town of Ruby is still there in the murky depths! sort of like the Titanic, history. Being an avid fisherman and radio show host for fishing has led me up many a stream to alot of areas that show color. whats up with the handle gnatnutz?, well--- usually we forget the bug dope so thats what we see!, along with mansquitos, deer flies, horse flies and all sorts of bugs that like to gnaw on our hides! We're lucky tho, no scorpions or rattlers in our area, just mt lions and bears, ha!

Thanks to all of you for all the great input; keep it coming,

GNATNUTZ

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting