Greetings

Automedon2

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2011
I've been reading the forum for a while (in between watching the great selection of Youtube videos by detectors) to get some good information on buying a MD. Thanks for all the awesome advice posted on here.

One thing that crosses my mind (and I hope this is not a REALLY dumb question) is HOW do coins end up 4-5-6 inches below ground? Is it a build-up of top soil, an action of rain soggy ground, freeze and thaw, or something else?

Anyway, thanks again to all you folks for a very entertaining forum.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather and time work them down. I would even say gravity may have a little affect too. Welcome to TNET :icon_sunny:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleive it is a little of everything in common. Cut the grass covers up the coin, blowing dirt covers up coin. People walking when the ground is soft pushes the coin down, freezing weather. Worms digs a tunnel under coin and then it caves in from weather rain snow freezing thrawing you get the idea. Now this is what I beleive hows it happen. Look at a sidewalk what is the grass and dirt higher the the sidewalk. Same thing happen there. When you put in a side walk you make it even with the ground. You do not put it below ground level. If I am wrong I sure someone will let me know.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread