Greetings

mello yellow

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2023
Northern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Recent 3 are: Minelab Equinox 800, 900 & XP Deus ORX.
Hello everyone. New guy here. I think I can learn a lot of things from the users on this website to expand my thinking and ideas toward metal detecting. I sparked an interest in the hobbie in the late '70's as a teenager. Bought my first detector in the early '80's from Kellyco it was a Garrett Groundhog with VLF, had the toggle switch at the end of the handle. And quite frankly I didn't understand completely how to use it or what many of the advancements for that detector were for. I was a 14 year old with a lot to learn. I did however learn how to use discrimination and did well over the years of hunting. I've never lost the thirst or eagerness for the hunt and I've dug up a lot of junk with a few good finds.
I'm on my 7th detector now. Have met a lot of people in the md business and I am very interested in reading input from others on various topics.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Theres lots to read and learn here, for sure!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, from Eastern Ontario.
Looking forward in seeing some of your recoveries
Lots of information and knowledge here and many will share openly.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
mello yellow

mello yellow

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2023
Northern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
I'm planning a trip to Florida soon. Want to learn Scuba. I wondered if anyone on this forum could tell me of a great place to learn and get certified to dive. And also if there might be a school to avoid?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. New guy here...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

OP
OP
mello yellow

mello yellow

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2023
Northern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Hello everyone. New guy here. I think I can learn a lot of things from the users on this website to expand my thinking and ideas toward metal detecting. I sparked an interest in the hobbie in the late '70's as a teenager. Bought my first detector in the early '80's from Kellyco it was a Garrett Groundhog with VLF, had the toggle switch at the end of the handle. And quite frankly I didn't understand completely how to use it or what many of the advancements for that detector were for. I was a 14 year old with a lot to learn. I did however learn how to use discrimination and did well over the years of hunting. I've never lost the thirst or eagerness for the hunt and I've dug up a lot of junk with a few good finds.
I'm on my 7th detector now. Have met a lot of people in the md business and I am very interested in reading input from others on various topics.

tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
Thanks vpnavy!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from AZ! You will find the Tnet community a very good source for anything that has intrinsic value or is collectable. Read and heed the advice given here and your finds will multiply exponentially! ╦╦ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread