Grimes Creek Idaho??

krrtuck

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!! Had a quick question about Grimes Creek. I have an opportunity to get a claim on Grimes Creek. The claim is south west of Idaho City, off of rt 21. Was wondering if I should invest in the claim, or should I save my money and try to find open areas where there are no claims and open to the public to dredge. I am unfamiliar with the area. Of course I would test the claim before I decide to buy it. I have checked it out on the LR2000. I will be headed west this spring. Thanks in advance for all the help and info!

Upvote 0

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
krrtuck. I live near Idaho City and over the years I have known people that have done well on Grimes creek and others not so good. As dredgernaut mentioned much of Grimes was bucket line dredged, but there are areas where the dredge couldn't go and some of those areas could have potential. Like they say gold is where you find it.
If you do decide to come here, you can message me and I will share my knowledge of the area.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread