Grind of a day. Finally ended up with an honorable mention.

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After hitting a couple of my regular spots, I went back to the park where I found the counterfeit gold chain. As before there were signals everywhere. I was digging a ton of bottle tops (mostly cobra) and assorted trash. I was trying to clear out every signal that I hit. I started hitting junk rings and all of the ones in the pictures came from a 20 foot stretch. It was fun and frustrating at the same time. Finally I got a marked ring but it's just gold bonded near where it's resting on the bullet you can see that it's still gold colored there, this is because the ring had been taped to fit on a smaller finger and the tape protected that bit of the ring. Either way, my ring box is fuller today. The ring with the red stones is marked as well but it says Taiwan or something. The tie clip says swank on the back and the collar clip thing is plated. I found a Russian ruble and a Canadian cent and a couple of tokens. I don't know... there's just a bunch of stuff. In the main picture is everything but the trash.

pigeon.JPG 92512010k.JPG bunchajunk.JPG

Upvote 1

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I like your persistence; also like what looks like a broach with profile face on it! :icon_thumright::occasion18: :headbang: I'd say a very successful hunt though the high-quality items have eluded you there so far. Keep returning to that spot as somewhere among the cheap bling you'll probably dig some good silver, gold, or platinum. The ring with red stones may be silver. HAVE FUN! Andi

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks productive to me!:thumbsup:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you had an interesting day! Your persistence will surely pay off, as a great find has to be coming your way!!
Good Luck to Ya!

Roy

OP
OP
swolfe

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your persistence; also like what looks like a broach with profile face on it! :icon_thumright::occasion18: :headbang: I'd say a very successful hunt though the high-quality items have eluded you there so far. Keep returning to that spot as somewhere among the cheap bling you'll probably dig some good silver, gold, or platinum. The ring with red stones may be silver. HAVE FUN! Andi

The thing with the profile on it is a tie clip that says SWANK on the back. :)
I will go back there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread